Are you a Cyber Specialist/Engineer who wants to join a leading cyber team within an evolving and dynamic organisation?
We cover full-spectrum-cyber – from Vulnerability Research, experimental concepts right through to developing deployed capability and testing; and are looking for experienced and ambitious specialists/engineers to help grow our Cyber team.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions to government and commercial customers worldwide. In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Cyber and Intelligence business, we support our customers’ work to make the UK the safest place to live and do business, both physically and online.
Working with and alongside our customers, we use modern software engineering and research methods to develop capabilities that underpin our customers’ missions. The technology is varied, the domains are vast, and we work in whatever areas our customers demand. Expect to work with a variety of modern programming languages, developing bespoke capabilities across many platforms including Linux, Windows, iOS and Android.
As an organisation, we demand constant innovation, and have immediate opportunities for specialists to develop bespoke capabilities, and research tools and techniques that solve our customers’ hardest problems.
We carry out research and innovation locally in the UK, with commercial and academic partners, and across our 85,000+ worldwide workforce.
How you will make a difference
As a Senior Cyber Engineer, you’ll be taking the centre stage in the development and innovation in this space. You’ll be expected to perform both development and research activities, and act as a mentor for more junior staff throughout the account. We are in a phase of rapid growth and there are opportunities to develop your career with us to meet your aspirations.
We have a rigorous assurance process ensuring that that all capabilities are developed to the highest standards. You will take a role in assuring that these standards are met, and proactively input into these standards to make sure they are current and applicable to the work that is undertaken.
What you will be doing:
- Contribute to exploratory research and VR assessments, including the design and build of PoC capabilities.
- Contribute to the design, planning, development and testing of high assurance capabilities.
- Write technical reports targeted to a variety of audiences (both technical and non-technical), and present to external stakeholders.
- Estimation and planning of tasks.
- Provide mentoring to other members of the team, and those around you.
Key Criteria Required:
- Experience across a diverse set of programming languages, such as: C/C++, Assembly, C#, Python and scripting languages; with particular emphasis on native languages.
- Experience of disassembly and decompilation tools, such as: IDA Pro and Hex Rays, Ghidra, Binary Ninja.
- Experience of research tooling, such as: Wireshark, Sys Internals, API Monitor.
- Experience across a wide range of platforms, including Windows, Linux, iOS, Android, and embedded systems.
- Experience of working with virtualisation products, such as VMWare or Virtual Box.
- Experience working with containerisation products and cloud services, SaaS, PaaS, etc.
- Experience of designing and developing innovative software solutions.
- Experience of writing technical reports and presentations.
- Keen to expand knowledge and continually improve.
- Experience of Agile/Scrum methodologies, and use of Confluence, Jira and Wikis.
Additional information for your consideration:
- You must hold and maintain UK Government clearances
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible
- Opportunities exist across the UK to enhance your career progression
Being a part of Northrop Grumman gives you the opportunity to use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving our mission, something we always remember. In return for working for us you will have access to a benefits package that provides you with flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life, health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development.