As part of Northrop Grumman’s EMEA (Europe, Middle East and Africa) The T Solutions team working within the Infrastructure team, this role will be a pinnacle part of supporting and developing the EMEA AWS infrastructure and service offering. The future growth of this role will encompass the development of an Azure and/or other cloud solutions. This role includes but not limited to monitoring, troubleshooting of issues, build out of future cloud based solutions maintaining and implementing procedural documentation
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is involved in a range of future game-changing defence and security programmes. Whether this is as a partner in the F-35 Lightning II providing the aircraft with much of its situational awareness and communications, as a leading specialist in large intelligence datasets, as a pre-eminent provider of High Altitude Long Endurance unmanned aircraft systems, or as the ‘go to’ provider for truly open system architectures for battlespace networks, communications, and command and control, Northrop Grumman has an unparalleled reputation as an innovator.
How you will make a difference
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
Key responsibilities include:
- Day to Day operational and BAU activities to support the current AWS environment
- Escalation point for the service desk for higher level of tickets for AWS
- Managing of own time to complete tasks in hand and tickets within SLA
- Troubleshooting of new and ongoing issues that arise
- Documentation of AWS environment and build out the maturity of our service offering
- Research and evaluate new AWS services and solutions which could enhance IT Services
- Work collaboratively with the customer to understand any requests and requirements for new accounts/services within AWS
- Work closely with the Infrastructure Manager, Lead engineers and Security to develop and implement any new requests following the 14 Cloud Security Principles
- Adhere to Northrop Grumman Policies, Procedures, and Values
- Ensure any system changes required follow the Change Management process, including scheduling out of hours to lessen risk, ensure test plans are thorough and followed and ensure roll back plans are in place in case of failure during the change process
- Provide an on call service to the business for out of hours escalations on business critical AWS environments
- Work as part of a team to research, develop and configure the UK Azure/AWS environment ready to implement any on premise solutions that we migrate to cloud
What we are looking for:
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect or greater (essential)
- Experience and knowledge of managing a complex and secure AWS environments
- Experience with AWS services, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Control Tower, SCP’s and other automation services
- Knowledge of AWS best practices and in depth knowledge of Amazon services within AWS
- Ability to work well within a virtual, matrixed, multi-national team
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Strong self-management skills
- Excellent writing and communication skills
- Strong customer relationship/customer service skills
- An engaging and 'can do' attitude.
- Willingness to learn on the job.
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Knowledge of ITIL processes
- Familiarity with ISO 20001 and 27001 standards
- AWS Specialist certification for Security or Networking
- Knowledge and expertise in the support and implementation of Azure based solutions
- Ability to exercise sound judgement when escalating issues and a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with all levels of management both orally and in writing
- Ability to think creatively/innovatively
- Travel will be occasional (< 25%). Travel associated with conferences, meetings and project activities within the United Kingdom and Europe will be required.
- Looking for flexibility? Talk to us at the application stage about what may be possible.
- Clearance requirements: The post-holder must be able hold and maintain UK Government clearances