An exciting opportunity has arisen within our Defence organisation to join the Software Team on one of the UK's largest defence projects.
As a key member of the software team, this role will be to undertake a systems engineering based approach ensuring compliance with processes and procedures as well as the following of software lifecycles by the software team in meeting the contractual, schedule and technical requirements of our customer.
Different thinking for a Different world
Northrop Grumman is a dynamic global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions worldwide. We have over 2,500 employees across Europe and a rapidly expanding UK operation.
In Northrop Grumman’s rapidly growing UK Defence business, we support our customers’ work to create world-class mission capabilities.
As a part of Northrop Grumman you will use your skills to make a difference in our mission of enabling global security. Our company grows because of our employees' dedication and commitment to achieving this goal.
With a belief in rewarding the dedication shown by our staff, Northrop Grumman gives employees access to a benefits package that provides you with health & well-being benefits, discount schemes, pension benefits and investment in your future development, but most importantly the flexibility to balance your professional career with your personal life.
How you will make a difference
- Capture, interpret and develop customer requirements.
- Produce and manage technical processes and procedures cognisant of industry standards such as ISO15288, IEC61508 and IEC61511
- Produce technical documentation in accordance with company/customer procedures.
- Maintain software development to relevant lifecycles and ensure compliance.
- Manage the integration and collaboration with our customers, both technically and commercially.
- Validate software designs through analysis and test.
- Support the preparation of contract changes and proposals.
- Be aware of and comply with company standards of conduct and all relevant statutory requirements.
- Carry out any other reasonable management request.
- We are looking for an engineer that has previous experience in managing and maintaining Software processes and procedures as well the adherence to lifecycles and plans.
- Previous experience of COTS control systems (PLCs and SCADA) would be advantageous.
- All candidates must be eligible to hold and maintain UK Government Security Clearance.
- Looking for flexibility? Speak to us at application stage about what may be possible.