MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen for a conscientious, adaptable person to join our Environmental Facilities team working with high technology equipment daily, to provide vital support to the wider group in the areas of calibration, validation and test configuration. The role involves a great mix of activities within a laboratory environment and with the chance to work with instrumentation, test equipment and experimental test hardware.
What are we looking for:
- Experience of Calibration practices and operations essential.
- High attention to detail and accurate, up to date record keeping
- Knowledge of, and/or ability to learn, laboratory quality management system processes (including UKAS / ISO17025 requirements) and other related processes.
- Able to safely handle and use components, tools, parts and products (training will be given where necessary).
- Flexible and able to plan own work in a pressurised environment
- Practical, reliable person with a willingness and ability to learn, and can work under own supervision to deliver results to set timescales.
- Knowledge of ‘Access’ and SAP would be an advantage.
Here’s what’s in it for you
This is a role within a growing team which provides opportunity to develop pre-existing skills and experience whilst undertaking a variety of tasks; we provide on the job training as required. There is potential for progress into other areas of the Environmental Engineering and Facilities department.
- Plan, deliver and monitor tasks; ensuring requirements are delivered according to cost, quality and schedule.
- Calibration of accelerometers and temperature measuring sensors.
- Validation/Calibration of fixed and portable environmental test chambers/enclosures.
- Validation/Calibration and installation of environmental instrumentation (e.g. accelerometers, thermocouples, strain gauges etc.)
- Provide assistance to EE&F team members & colleagues for some laboratory / facility tasks (e.g. shaker re-configuration and fixture / test item attachment / demounting.
- Support the development of solutions to technical issues and process improvement opportunities within the team.
What’s great about the team?
- You will be joining a small, friendly & focused team responsible for providing essential support to all environmental and structural testing activities within the Test laboratory Group.
- There is great team spirit, working together to continuously improve the reliability and availability of the test facilities in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
We can offer you:
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award-winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who would like flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.