MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
We have a new opportunity for a Product Assurance Engineer - Functional Engineering & Integration which is about applying grounded quality techniques and continuous improvement knowledge to supporting the products and their associated processes through the product development lifecycle.
The Product Assurance Functional Engineering and Integration assures Quality of MBDA engineering deliveries through the project development lifecycle phases.
The ideal candidate should have a quality background with a good technical understanding of product development and an association with AS9100 as well as the application of Lean Six Sigma techniques. Key to this will be defining the methodology used to measure a process’s key quality characteristics and implement the appropriate metrics to assess process performance.
Successful implementation of Product Assurance is dependent on an integrated activity and is reliant on interaction within the PA community so it is a highly collaborative role which will lead Quality Assurance projects and final deliveries to the Customers during concept, development, production and support phase.
Product assurance activities will include establishing project quality plans on all projects to satisfy contractual requirements, identifying and managing quality related risks on projects / products and ensuring our suppliers are compliant.
The idea candidate will have experience of promoting improvements through lessons learnt, indicators, root causes, trend analysis transversal view, and support their implementation, raising alerts when Quality does not comply, certifying the conformity of the final deliveries (products and services).
The role would also include:
What are we looking for?
- Supporting product Non Conformances resolution and follow-up closure;
- Supporting and deploying audits on processes and products / projects (including suppliers) as coordinated by Quality Management.
- Deploying and assessing product quality assurance processes and identify areas for improvement;
- Ensuring the correct interface and support to Programmes, Engineering and Operations management teams for all product assurance matters.
Here's what's in it for you
- Minimum HNC/HND in Engineering or Quality Assurance
- Practitioner of current QA problem solving and improvement methods (8D, RCA, DMAIC, etc.)
- Good knowledge of product lifecycle - specifically industrialisation and early production phases
- Proven track record in engineering, product/quality assurance, or a similar role.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, ability to run reports in Excel, use SAP QM system, and document management tools.
- An ability to implement quality standards and monitor quality performance.
This is a great opportunity to join a vibrant and expanding quality organisation and develop as a quality professional as well as the opportunity to work multi-nationally on one of MBDA’s leading programmes;
Identifying process improvements and problem solve to aid on time delivery.
Gain knowledge of deploying the latest quality tools and techniques on a high profile programme as it transitions into production.
Join a great team!
We are a dynamic, highly focused team responsible for delivering product in the early production phase and as an experienced team, we are keen to share our knowledge.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role