MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Due to some exciting developments, we are looking for a Test Equipment Project Manager to join our team in Stevenage. At MBDA, this role collates all Test Equipment requirements from all Customers (Internal, Domestic and Export) across the Product Life Cycle, handling any challenges and trade-offs and ensuring that these requirements are delivered by the TE Design Team.
We also manage the co-ordination of the hardware, software and manufacturing of the test equipment to ensure that is delivered on time, cost and quality.
Collaborating with and managing customer expectations throughout the development process, our team defines project Test Equipment strategies, quantities and types whilst acting as the sole point of contact between the project partners and TE Design Team.
- Responsible for the Test Equipment design trades between Cost, Scope and Time.
- Working with the customer support team define the Special-To-Type Test Equipment (STTE) required for customer delivery.
- Actively lead the development of the Test Equipment (hardware and software) to meet all project requirements.
- Responsible for producing Statements of Work and plans for activities within their sphere of responsibility.
- Collaborate with and handle customer expectations throughout the development process
- Able to technically manage internal & external suppliers for delivery of Test Equipment packages
- Main point of contact between the project team and TE supplier.
What we’re looking for
- Ideally educated to degree level with substantial experience of Test, Electrical and Electronic engineering, ideally including at least one of the following:
- Digital electronics and microprocessor systems.
- Analogue electronics and RF.
- Power Electronics.
- Test equipment Design
- Good understanding of broader engineering fields, including:
- Systems design.
- Safety systems
- Ability to technically manage internal and sub-contract activities.
- Ability to establish a clear engineering vision.
- Ability to influence managers and other partners across the company.
- Determination and desire to succeed.
What’s in it for you?
This role gives the opportunity to experience a broader view of the development and manufacturing process through interaction with systems designers, Chief Engineers and suppliers. There are future opportunities to become a Team Leader within the Chief Design Engineer (CDE) Project teams
Join a great team!
There are about 15 staff within the Test Architecture UK Functional Team, who are all co-located with their Project Teams in Stevenage. You will be working for the Project CDE and interact with a broad range of other Functions within MBDA, but have a high degree of autonomy and represent the Project / Function in many meetings.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.