MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Part time working considered
We are looking for a highly capable, versatile and enthusiastic Human Factors Engineer to undertake a full range of Human Factors tasks across weapon system concepting, development and research activities. This presents a great opportunity for someone with a real passion for HF to meet the challenge of integrating HF into hi-technology projects with a diverse range of military user groups.
You will need experience of the application of Human Factors in the development of complex systems. This will include conduct of Human Factors Integration and Human Centred Design processes through the development lifecycle, analysis and assessment of the role of the human role in complex systems, physical ergonomics and integration into workspaces, User Interface prototyping and design and the conduct of user experiments and trials supporting system development.
The military operating environment is becoming more complex and new technological capabilities are required to ensure operational advantage. We believe that integration of Human Factors is critical to the development of safe, usable and effective weapon systems. In your role you will be able to directly influence the development of these technologies, engaging directly with the user from early concept
through to delivery ensuring that the human-machine relationship is optimised.
What we’re looking for
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Ergonomics and Human Factors
- Demonstrable understanding and experience of the application of Human Factors Integration & Human Factors Engineering
- Relevant Engineering or Science based Degree
- Good understanding of Systems Engineering and disciplines who interact with Human Factors (Supportability, Training, Safety, Equipment)
What’s in it for you?
- You will be joining a team recognised by UK MoD as an industry leader in the delivery of Human Factors Integration.
- You will be able to influence systems as they develop from concept to delivery and gain first-hand experience of working with military users.
- Alongside core engineering projects you will also have the opportunity to conduct internally and externally funded research packages.
- This variety in project work will enable you to develop both the breadth and depth of your HF skillset.
- As HF develops across the company and on bilateral and multinational projects you will also have the opportunity to work internationally.
- MBDA also offers a comprehensive learning and development programme to enable the development of skills that support both technical delivery and broader professional development
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be joining a supportive, experienced team with a diverse mix of Human Factors practitioners, who are enthused by what they do. We work dynamically across a variety of projects valuing teamwork, integrity and innovation and ensuring that individuals are continually challenged and developed.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.