A unique opportunity has arisen within Customer Support Services (CSS) UK for a 24month fixed term contract which requires the specialist skills and knowledge of somebody with military operational experience from a system Operator perspective, covering predominantly Air (Fast Jet or Rotary), but could lend experience to the Naval and/or Land Domain(s). The successful applicant will be required to deliver operator focussed training to end users and act as an internal consultant to the wider Training and Field Support Team, providing ‘Operator’ perspective and insight.
What are we looking for?
- An Instructor qualification with ‘Operator’ focus (QAI, QWI, QFI, QHI) able to deliver, or support delivery, of Training to the highest quality, on time and on cost is essential.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to generate links across functional boundaries (engineering design, platform integration, simulation, modelling, Logistics) are essential to deliver the best use of ex-military operator experience across the business in support of wider business needs.
- The ability to influence weapon system design from early phases of the life cycle by clearly articulating complex operator insight issues into technical requirements is essential, enabling weapon system designers to clearly understand design requirements.
- Experience of development and delivery of training courses compliant with the UK MoD Defence Systems Approach to Training (DSAT) with experience training delivery using a training simulation device is desirable.
- The ability to mentor other, more junior staff, as appropriate with a sound knowledge of the customer environment structure and processes.
- Willingness to travel occasionally within the UK and overseas, including the Middle East.
What’s in it for you?
- This opportunity is a new, extremely influential and important job where the successful applicant has the freedom to influence the MBDA Operator Training Strategy.
- The successful applicant would act as an ambassador for Training and can help develop both the team and the corporate capability.
- The role will require liaison with all air launched / naval teams thus offering plenty of variety.
- An outstanding opportunity to work directly and jointly with the MOD and a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment, culture, structure and processes.
- To ensure that MBDA weapon systems training delivered by CSS UK, is relevant, appropriate and focussed on customer needs by providing operator focussed advice on training course content and level of detail.
- Providing ‘Operator Focussed’ advice during the development of training media for course design and delivery i.e. defining the functionality and fidelity of weapon system simulation models and emulators for training delivery.
- Providing standardisation advice across Air, Land & Sea based weapon system projects to harmonise CSS UK approaches in development and delivery of ‘Operator Centric’ training wherever possible.
- Encouraging a consistent approach surrounding ‘Operator Centric’ activities between all parties involved in Training and Support Activities.
- Identifying future opportunities through maintaining an understanding of the breadth of activities and functions within Defence Training.
- Encourage better MBDA End User liaison through attendance at key military joint training events / community of interests and actively support the delivery of training packages to fit end user operator needs.
- Supporting future weapon system design activity through the provision of end-user perspectives in weapon system concept phases.
What’s great about the team?
- The Product Training Team is populated by a variety of experienced, technically capable engineers and Operators, many of whom served in the Armed Forces, at numerous locations in the UK and overseas.
- You will be joining a dynamic, focussed team responsible for the development and delivery of Product Training and Field Support.
- Exciting and challenging technology environment. Our team employs a diverse range of technologies in the development and delivery of training.
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.