An opportunity has arisen in the growing System Design Airborne Systems (SDAS) Function for a number of Technical Specialist roles. The purpose of these roles is to deploy and transfer specialist technical skills across the function and wider in support of the delivery of airborne systems capability. The successful candidate will be placed at the forefront integration activity where they will be required to work closely with a number of enthusiastic and multi-disciplined internal and international teams across industry and government groups.
What are we looking for?
We are looking to strengthen the technical depth within SDAS by deploying technical specialists to support and develop engineers within the SDAS Function.
You will experienced within your specialism and will be qualified to degree level or equivalent.
This is a deeply technical role, you will currently be recognised as specialist in your area of expertise and will have expertise in one or more of the following:
- Application of Model Based Systems Engineering MBSE
- Interface Definition, Design and Control (interpreting and supporting development of Mil-Std-1760 and Mil-Std-1553
- Live Virtual Constructive Techniques
- Weapon System Architecting [Influencing both Missile and Platform Architecture]; Knowledge of Platform architectures
You will have a proven track record of working autonomously and will technically represent MBDA externally.
Knowledge and experience of the wider airborne systems domain is desirable but there is an opportunity to gain this experience for the right candidate.
What’s in it for you?
- You will be a key instigator and contributor to the technical development of tools methods and processes with SDAS – defining Functional Improvements activities within their domain and then delivering them.
- Develop and maintain their necessary technical expertise and support the development of the expertise of the team in their domain.
- The opportunity to technically influence partners in MBDA UK, across MBDA NatCos, and with the MoD customers in DE&S, Dstl as required by the assigned programmes.
- The opportunity to develop relationship with technical specialists in suppliers and Platform Design Organisations such as BAE Systems, Boeing, General Atomics, HAL, SAAB etc.
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- This is a deeply technical role that will contribute to the technical development of tools methods and processes with SDAS
- It provides the opportunity for a specialist to work within the growing System Design Airborne Systems
- It provides the opportunity to work with other MBDA NatCos, DE&S, Dstl and with Platform Design Organisations e.g. BAE Systems, Boeing, General Atomics, HAL, SAAB etc.
Join a Great Team!
The SDAS team play a key part in enabling access to defence platforms – enabling the use of MBDA products by our armed forces and ensuring the future success of the company. Furthermore, with the ever increasing complexity of the modern weapon system, the ability of MBDA to unlock the true capability of our products for the user against ever an challenging political and economic back drop means that the role of the SDAS team has never been more important.
The successful candidate will be joining a motivated and focused SDAS team, where communication and the ethos to share information is key. Additionally, the success.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or reasonable adjustments.
We encourage applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role