MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Role Title and Location: Sea Ceptor Weapon System / Type 26 (BAE Systems) Technical Liaison, Filton
Job Ref No: P8337B
Reports to: Sea Ceptor Delivery Lead
The role will include secondment to BAE Systems, where you will be embedded within the Type 26 Platform team. Your time is allocated equally between BAE Systems and the MBDA Sea Ceptor Systems Design team as you act as the technical liaison point of contact between both organisations. The Type 26 First of Class ship is currently in manufacture and the BAE Systems element of the role offers an opportunity to be involved in the programme during the first installation of Sea Ceptor onto the T26 platform. This role will also provide opportunities to support MBDA Sea Ceptor System Design activities across UK and Export programmes, as well as provision of technical support to the Sea Ceptor New Business Team.
What are we looking for?
Relevant Systems Engineering experience including:
- An appreciation of design methods, requirement elicitation and formal verification and certification processes.
- Systems integration (mechanical/electrical).
- Use of Model Base Systems Engineering (MBSE), Rhapsody, Dimensions and DOORS.
- An ability to work proactively/autonomously, in a fast paced programme that can change both design and priorities quickly.
- A track record as a flexible and effective team member with strong interpersonal and influencing skills and able to work as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
What’s in it for you?
As a key member of our team, the successful person will:
- Work closely with functions and key partners at all levels of the business
- Expand your network with peer organisations and gain an understanding of how other organisations operate
- Apply Systems Engineering techniques and contribute to the integration of the system onto a variety of host platforms.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
This role requires proactive discussion across programme teams within MBDA and BAE Systems, to identify and resolve potential Sea Ceptor integration issues.
Key Individual responsibilities include:
- Management of the relationship between BAE Systems and external partners with regards to the T26 programme (specifically in various forums that are attended by senior representatives from Sea Ceptor partners);
- Chairing discussions and acting as the facilitator between MBDA and BAE Systems, focussing on solving ad hoc queries and supporting successful integration of Sea Ceptor on the T26 platform;
- Act as technical point of contact within BAE Systems for Sea Ceptor, providing technical guidance to BAE Systems on the system;
- Management and resolution of BAE Systems Sea Ceptor Observation Reports that arise from trials/testing activity
- Generation and review of documentation transferred between MBDA, SHORAD PT and BAE Systems.
- Systems support to Sea Ceptor programmes as required, whether existing domestic or export programmes, or support to New Business.
- Time management to ensure an equal (50%) split between MBDA and BAE Systems workload.
Join a Great Team!
- You will be joining a highly motivated and flexible team with the opportunity to contribute to one of our most significant programmes, with a focus on effective system design delivery across a number of concurrent project aspects
- Given the growing workload in this team, there will also be opportunities for further development and growth for those with the aptitude and proven ability.
MBDAis an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.