An opportunity has arisen within our Customer Support business area, for a Technical Support Manager to ensure delivery of a major refurbishment of the ASTER missile stockpile, the effector for the Sea Viper Weapon System in service with the Royal Navy.
What are we looking for?
- A broad based engineering background, a degree level qualification in a technical discipline would be beneficial, with substantial knowledge and experience of Complex Systems production / refurbishment
- Strong understanding in the application of the UK MoD’s technical and logistics systems
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal with the ability to influence and negotiate with stakeholders across the business
- Prioritisation and ability to deal with multiple issues on a regular basis
- Strategic planning of support work, ensuring equipment availability requirements are always met
What’s in it for you?
- Join an established team committed to delivering defence capability to the UK armed forces
- Perform a pivotal role engaging with MOD Defence Equipment and Support (DE&S) Project teams, MBDA Design Authorities, Major Equipment suppliers etc. delivering serviceable equipment to meet agreed demands
- Work within a high profile multinational team providing scope to establish a strong international profile in MBDA
- The opportunity to learn/evolve technical, business & language skills
- Opportunity to develop and improve your influencing and relationship management skills
What would you get?
- Competitive salary, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, employee funded voluntary private healthcare, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level), superb learning and development opportunities and more….
- You will be a key member of the delivery team working within the Sea Viper project, responsible for; ensuring there is a coherent plan for Mid Life Refurbishment (MLR) delivery, and ensuring success against the plan.
- This role has ownership of all Technical and Logistic aspects of the UK ASTER missile MLR programme
- You will ensure the programme is executed as per the contractual obligations,
- You will be provide the fulcrum in a multinational project providing the interface between the embodiment agency in the UK and the multinational supply chain
What’s great about the team?
- Internationally integrated team of 10,000 people that establish MBDA as Europe’s leading missile and missile systems company
- An environment of high technology that focuses on the design, development, production and through life support of highly complex weapon systems.
- CSS team whose aim is for excellence in customer support throughout the full duration of a product’s in-service life.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve and maintain SC security clearance or above without restrictions that will inhibit the individual’s ability to fulfil the requirements of the role. Your eligibility for the appropriate level of security clearance may be discussed with you during the recruitment process. Any existing clearance holders may be able to transfer clearance (subject to approval).
MBDA is committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.Are you a member of LinkedIn? If so, you are invited to view future MBDA UK opportunities and news by following our MBDA LinkedIn Company page.