An opportunity has arisen for a highly motivated individual with specialist skills and knowledge of Technical Publication project management and generation for a complex portfolio of MBDA’s products across the Air domain. This is a vital role in helping MBDA deliver its technical publications commitments all over the world.
What are we looking for?
- An Author experienced in the technical publication process to be an SME and actively participate in the publication process from initial planning through to development, status tracking and delivery of technical publication projects to MBDA’s customers both domestic and export.
- Using your experience, you will need to actively assist in the technical publication development process, authoring, the associated reports, quality reviews and eventual delivery to the highest quality, on time and on cost. Defining S1000D based project supporting documentation – assist in BREX (Business Rules Exchange), Guidance Document, CSDB (Common Source Data Base) setup and using authoring software like Abortext Editor.
- Liaise with product suppliers in support of technical publication data and technologies whilst maintaining personal and technical reports, records etc. of all technical publication activities to a high standard.
- Develop, propose and implement plans to integrate Technical Publications data and deliverables into the overall MBDA digital transformation strategy.
What’s in it for you?
- You can help create and lead our project vision to make a mark on how MBDA’s documentation is planned, developed and delivered actively supporting as a technical expert where required.
- The role will require liaison with military and engineering communities thus offering plenty of variety. Technical Publication working group participation and Technology Development Workshops offer exciting opportunities to diversify the publication methods and impact on department improvements.
- An outstanding opportunity to work with the MoD and a wide variety of internal and external partners with excellent exposure to senior management and leadership within both organisations.
- An excellent opportunity to gain a strong knowledge of the customer environment.
What would you get!
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- You will be embedded within a challenging programme and required to provide Technical Publication authoring assistance across the whole product lifecycle including active support where required on the cost and scope estimates for future work.
- Carry out initial technical publication studies, project plan set up and produce publication reports for the UK and overseas customers on status and progress when tasked in accordance with contractual and customer requirements and MBDA processes. Coordinate with Design Authority teams as required to signoff and deliver the publications.
- Liaise with Operator and Maintainer Instructors, Field Support Engineers and Integrated Logistic Support teams in Maintenance Task Analysis, Fault Diagnosis and System Descriptive tasks.
- Participate in developing, maintaining and modifying MBDA technical publication processes and procedures.
- Lead Technical Publication support and proving activities for MBDA products both in the field and at MBDA or customer depots/workshops (to include complex activities) as necessary and produce Development Plans, status trackers and supporting material in delivery of the technical publications to UK and overseas customers.
Join a great team!
- The Technical Publications department is currently populated by a variety of passionate, experienced and technically capable Authors and Illustrators.
- The current team has a mix of personnel, ranging from Apprentice up to team members who have served in the Armed Forces and bring a wealth of passion, knowledge and customer experience across the MBDA product Range.
- The team has a forward thinking and problem solving mind-set that you will instantly add value to. New technologies are monitored and diversifying your interests towards these technologies are encouraged as we strive to improve.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.