Role: Asset Management System Specialist
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: £33,000-48,000 plus a market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme and other associated benefits which you would expect from a leadership role are also available. We will consider candidates looking for full time or part time hours.
This role will be to undertake day-to-day operations within AWE's Asset Management System (AMS) team, working closely with other areas of Asset Information Services (GIS, EDMS, CAD, BIM). The focus will be on maintaining configuration for the facility and asset data baseline within the corporate AMS, providing specialist resource in asset management, while helping to develop the department's dynamic and innovative capabilities in supporting a multitude of departments around the business.
You will be required to:
- Responsible for own day-to-day tasks and decisions with the area of work.
- Ensure that customer deliverables meet agreed quality, cost
- Provide first line support to the system business users where applicable, and second line support to Information Services teams as requested
- Provide functional and technical support to the senior super user for the system
- Assist in the assessment and setting of business requirements for system development activities
- Technically support, and where applicable deliver, development activities to provide necessary system functionality
- Provide reports and KPI's as required to customers, providing guidance and advice on data analysis
- Deliver operational services to all AWE departments, including data management, data analysis and data exploitation
- Maintain a current level of knowledge of industry best practice and advancements, whilst championing the asset platform throughout AWE
- Contribute to all relevant standards, procedures and documentation
- Provide AMS training to user base as required
- Customise the AMS where necessary to improve the delivery of day-to-day core business as usual activities
- Maintain the AMS platform, including assisting the development of solutions in response to emerging corporate needs and relevant technological advancements in the industry
- Supporting the AMS manager, in line with the goals of the wider asset group (AMS, EDMS, CAD, BIM)
- The Company may require you to fulfil any other reasonable duties aligned to your position from time to time in line with business needs.
To be successful in this role you should have the following skills/experience:
- Knowledge of Asset Management Systems.
- Knowledge of SQL relational databases and PL/SQL.
- Broad IS literacy, knowledge of integrated/integration of IS systems/web based applications
- MS Office suite experience, particularly with MS Excel for data manipulation
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels with very good written and oral skills.
- Highly organised and capable of managing multiple concurrent tasks, whilst maintaining effective judgment in prioritizing, time allocation, delegation and task management.
- Customer focussed with a high attention to detail.
- Knowledge of configuration management and change control.
- HND or Equivalent qualification in Asset Management Systems or Asset Management based course or Relevant AMS application specific certifications, or equivalent experience.
- Asset Management qualification (Desirable)