About the role:
Please note this role can be based in Tewkesbury, Gloucestershire or Fleet, Hampshire.
Home working may be possible but onsite working will also be required often, however when onsite we can offer a 4 day condensed working week (37.5 hour Mon - Thurs) allowing for a 3 day weekend.
We are looking for a Principal Systems Engineer with a specialism in the Cyber Security domain to join our Engineering team working on a variety of CS projects. Reporting to one of our Systems Engineering Managers, you will take a leading role in the Systems Engineering activities for systems or sub-systems on engineering development programmes, possibly leading a small team of junior engineers.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Acting as a Technical Authority or Systems Architect for a complex Cyber Security System development.
- Provide technical leadership to engineering teams and the opportunity to influence the wider business to improve the way Systems Engineering is executed.
- Contribute to the generation of technical proposals, bids and presentations.
- Lead the implementation of design solutions liaising closely with Software, Electronic design and Mechanical design teams.
- Drive the test and qualification strategy for solutions and sub-systems.
- Opportunities to participate in trials, customer demonstrations and onsite acceptance testing in a range of countries worldwide.
- Opportunities to progress to Engineering Management or engineering strategy roles within other areas of the company
- Domain experience in Cyber Security to include an understanding of Cryptography, IP Networking and High assurance development (CAPS).
- Experience of taking a leading role in engineering development projects through most parts of the systems lifecycle from concept definition through to handover to the customer.
- Relevant industry experience in either the Defence, Aerospace or other complex embedded environments.
- Experience of requirements capture, decomposition and establishing verification strategies for embedded systems.
- Experience of Model based systems engineering using SysML
- Experience of working closely with low level design teams in electronic design, mechanical design and software.
- Some experience of team leadership and/or mentoring of more junior engineering staff.
- Ability to capture, manage and decompose system requirements for complex Cyber Security systems.
- Ability to understand, describe, document and present an abstracted view of a complex system through a variety of media.
- Ability to develop Verification strategies for complex embedded systems.
- Skilled at using DOORS or other similar Requirements Management Tools.
- Understanding of Systems Functional Safety through conducting hazard analysis or safety case generation for complex systems to IEC 61508 or other similar standards.
- Understanding of design for reliability, human factors and security.
- Awareness of software design and development, FPGA and Electronic design (digital and RF).
- Good understanding of Project Management and Engineering Management through producing realistic estimates, managing risk and monitoring progress to meet tight timescales.
- Excellent Microsoft Office Skills.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.