About the role:
We are looking for a Safety & Reliability Engineer to join our team in Brighton working on complex electronics, mechanical, electro-mechanical and pneumatic subsystems.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Calculate product reliability by carrying out analysis using 217Plus (MIL-HDBK-217F), NPRD and/or Bellcore/Telcordia to calculate failure rates, MTBF’s and other calculations related to reliability.
- Familiarity with DEF STAN 00-40, DEF STAN 00-42 and MIL-HDBK-338B to understand and interpret customer / internal RM&T specifications to extract technical requirements.
- Develop, coordinate and conduct technical RMS studies and evaluations of engineering designs relative to ; reliability predictions, Safety Management Plans, Fault Tree Analysis, FMECA’s, Hazardous Materials List, Hazard Analysis etc.
- Write safety cases using DEF STAN 00-56 including supporting documentation.
- Analyze Failure Modes Effects and Criticality Analyses in accordance with MIL-STD-1629 tasks and/or SAE ARP4761.
- Reliability prediction experience using MIL-HDBK-217, Telcordia, NSWC, and/or PRISM.
- Parts selection and control, testability, and failure reporting and corrective action resolution in accordance with a military/aerospace requirements.
- Parts stress de-rating
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Testability and BIT coverage analyses
- System Safety Hazard Analysis (military programs) MIL-STD 882
- Analysis of logistics elements such as Spares Provisioning, Level of Repair Analysis and/or Life-Cycle Cost analysis.
Experience & Skills:
- Degree qualified in Engineering, Maths, Physics or related engineering field or equivalent experience
- Experience working within the guidelines of RMS (Reliability, Maintainability and Supportability) Government Specifications, Handbooks and applications.
- Experience with reliability analysis of aircraft and space equipment, military and commercial.
- Experience with reliability prediction software- e.g. RELEX, Weibull Block SIM,
- Goal Structure Notation (GSN) experience would be very advantageous Interest in forensic engineering, failure analysis, root cause and corrective action.
- Desirable to have a diversified background in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Electronic, Electro-Mechanical, and Safety Engineering fields.
- A background in complex Military or Aerospace systems is a benefit.
- Knowledge of software reliability and software reliability models is a plus.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.