Electrical Controls Engineer
Salary: £31,931 to £34,709 per annum
Hours: Full time or Part time
Contract Type: Open Ended
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire
We now have an opportunity for a Controls Engineer to join our ISIS Muon and Neutron Source department. You will be part of the group which provides both large-scale distributed and stand-alone control and drive systems throughout our ISIS accelerator, target and neutron/muon beamlines.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) is one of Europe's largest multi-disciplinary science research organisations. Working at the forefront of scientific endeavour is not possible without a dedicated team of engineers able to turn abstract scientific ideas into reality. At STFC's ISIS facility, a world-leading scientific research centre, each problem requires a unique solution, taking advantage of the latest technologies to deliver the seemingly impossible. Our engineers and technicians have the freedom to choose their own solution, and the responsibility to take it to completion.
Do you have:
- HNC or above in an appropriate electrical engineering discipline, or a recognised electrical engineering apprenticeship with relevant equivalent experience.
- Experience in the design, implementation and/or maintenance of Instrumentation & Control (I&C) systems.
- Experience in the use of office software and CAD packages such as AutoCAD
- Experience in PLC and HMI programming.
Then this could be the role for you!
Main duties of the role would include:
- Design and develop PLC-based interlock, plant and motor control systems
- Oversee or undertake the manufacture and assembly of control system hardware.
- Specify logic sequences and carry out the programming of PLCs and HMIs.
- Produce test schedules and complete the installation and testing of new or upgraded control systems.
- Project-manage new installations and upgrades to systems.
- Prepare drawings and technical documentation, using AutoCAD, Meridian and other standard office software packages.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent defined average salary pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
Closing Date: 13th June 2021