MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
The position attracts a competitive salary, car allowance and participation in the Executive Bonus Scheme.
Working as part of a small team of peer domain and subject matter experts, the role divides equally between keeping the Company aware of British Army thinking and future plans, and making sure the Army understands MBDA.
The role demands an individual who is comfortable interacting across the whole of the Army, building confidence and networking, and being the non-commercial conduit between the Army and the Company. It equally demands someone with the ability to translate Army plans into relevant business opportunities, providing informed advice and deep understanding, while being able to explain to non-military engineers what is required.
Finally, the role requires someone with a passion for the wider Defence Enterprise (including military charities and other ‘customer’ activities such as sponsored events).
What we’re looking for
- The deep understanding required can only come from someone who has been a part of the Army organisation. This is as much about credibility as it is about competence.
- Rank is not in itself an indicator of competence. The candidate will need to demonstrate experience in capability and acquisition roles, military technology, industrial understanding and prosperity (exports).
- The role of ‘adviser’ requires well-tuned diplomatic skills and the ability to influence without having any positional authority.
What’s in it for you?
- The team works directly to the UK Managing Director through the Senior Defence & Political Adviser. The role thus has much autonomy and freedom of action.
- As the Land/Army adviser the candidate will be expected to interact with many different elements of the Company, especially our Sales and Business Development function, allowing for subject matter expertise to be used, if required.
- There are further opportunities to support export campaigns, international travel and wider promotion of the Company (such as attending All Party Parliamentary Group events at the Palace of Westminster).
- As an international Company, there is a requirement to work alongside other national Companies’ (NatCos) (France, Italy, Germany, Spain and USA) Army Advisers.
- Flexible/dynamic working.
- Annual leave scheme (25 days + Bank Holidays).
- Attractive salary and good work/life balance and quality of life calculation.
- Comprehensive pension scheme and Share Purchase schemes.
- Being part of a respected, inclusive and expanding company within a tightly linked team of Military and Political Advisers.
- Social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.