AWE is recruiting for a Production Quality Inspector to support Quality service delivery through appropriate methods of inspection and evaluation, in support of the requirements of our Assembly Technology Centre (ATC).
Location - Reading area
Package - £26,040 - c£34,000 depending on suitability and level of experience
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
You will be required to:
- Support delivery of technical assessments using appropriate methodologies
- Contribute to the development and validation of Quality methodologies
- Participation in experimental trials improvement activities and audits, where appropriate
- Engagement with relevant AWE stakeholders and other functions to enhance inspection techniques
We would love to hear from someone with an engineering/manufacturing-related qualification/served apprenticeship or an individual who possesses relevant experience within a manufacturing environment. By securing this inspection role, you will have the opportunity to learn new skills including metrology inspection techniques, opening a pathway to a future career within Quality.
You will have:
- An excellent attention to detail with good hand to eye co-ordination
- The capability of developing solutions to issues in a unique manufacturing environment
- The ability to understand and interpret engineering drawings, technical specifications and standards
- The ability to generate and improve upon inspection instructions, inspection reports and other specific role documentation
- The ability to provide inspection quality control support when undertaking investigations into performance issues
- An understanding of Basic Quality Tools and World Class Manufacturing
- A flexible approach with good oral and written communication skills
- Previous experience of using the Microsoft Office range of software