Salary: £31,931 to £34,709 per annum (dependent on skills and experience). A Specialist Allowance of up to £3000 per annum is also available for this role.
Location: Science and Technology Facilities Council, Rutherford Appleton Laboratory Harwell, Oxfordshire.
The ISIS Muon and Neutron Source Design Division has an immediate requirement for a mechanical engineer to join its Target Design Group. As part of this group, you will create innovative engineering solutions, which will make ground-breaking research possible! Your expertise will ultimately assist in the development of new products and processes that will change lives in the UK and around the world, as well as inspiring the next generation of engineers.
The Science and Technology Facilities Council (STFC) owns and operates the ISIS Neutron and Muon Source. It is a world-leading centre for research in the physical and life sciences where our suite of neutron and muon instruments give unique insights into the properties of materials on the atomic scale.
Working at the forefront of scientific endeavour is not possible without a dedicated team of engineers able to turn abstract scientific ideas into reality. Our engineers provide the tools to push the boundaries of science and play a key role in building and running our world-leading facility, which is looking to help solve some of the largest problems and transform our global future. We empower our engineers with the freedom to choose their own solutions and the responsibility to take them through to completion.
Do you have:
- A suitable qualification in an appropriate engineering discipline.
- Knowledge of fundamental mechanical engineering principles.
- Experience in performing engineering calculations and simulations.
Then this could be the role for you!
Main duties include:
- Carry out engineering calculations and simulations to ensure the design brief is met.
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements.
- Ensure all design and development activities are carried out safely and to required codes of practice.
- Manage budgets, tendering processes, procurement and the delivery of approved designs and equipment or services.
We are offering a permanent position that provides a whole host of family friendly benefits including; 30 days holiday (in addition to bank holidays), an excellent pension scheme, employee shopping/travel discounts, a salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme, plus many more benefits and wellbeing initiatives that enable our employees to have a great work life balance.
UKRI is an Equal Opportunity & Disability Confident Employer.
How to apply:
For full details of this post view: Insert Link
Closing Date: 20th June 2021