Magnox is an exciting place to be, and this role is the perfect opportunity for you to be part of our challenging mission - to safely and successfully manage the UK’s civil nuclear legacy on behalf of the nation. To deliver our commitment, we need people like you who want to perform at an industry leading standard and be part of a team that continues to develop, innovate and even exceed our greatest achievements.
At Magnox, we understand, and acknowledge the value of an inclusive working environment, and celebrate the diversity this brings to our workplace. Without this approach, we wouldn’t be in the position that we are now, being able to safeguard and secure the future of our organisation.
Hear from the Hiring Manager…
“We are looking for a capable and enthusiastic Electrical, Control and Instrumentation (EC&I) engineer to join and support our project teams to decommission major nuclear facilities at our Winfrith site in Dorset. This includes experimental nuclear reactors and key site infrastructure such as the Winfrith sea pipeline.”
The purpose of this role is to provide professional EC&I engineering support to Reactor and Site Decommissioning Projects at Winfrith.
Main responsibilities include:
- To support the development of technical strategies, approaches and methodologies to deliver Decommissioning Projects. This includes providing EC&I engineering support and advice, and managing technical interfaces between and within project areas.
- To act as the technical lead to manage and oversee specific areas of design, manufacture, procurement, installation, testing and commissioning of plant and equipment in support of Decommissioning Projects.
- To provide general EC&I engineering advice and support to other Decommissioning Projects and/or other Magnox Projects.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Appropriate qualification in EC&I Engineering, preferably a recognised engineering degree (NQF level 6), but at least at HND level (NQF level 5); preferably with membership of a relevant Engineering Institution and Professional Status.
- Significant experience in a practising EC&I Engineering role on nuclear and/or conventional industrial plant in a highly regulated environment.
- Detailed understanding of national engineering standards and relevant regulations, e.g. BS7671 Wiring Regulations and EAWR 1989/HSR25.
- Good engineering working knowledge preferably including Safety Rules, risk assessment methodology, Nuclear Site Licence conditions, and Quality Management System
Salary & Benefits:
- Competitive salary with access to performance linked pay progression
- 25 days annual leave + Bank Holidays
- Participation in Company Bonus Scheme
- Up to 13.5% employer pension contribution depending on individual contribution amount
- Access to training and development through the company performance management arrangements, supporting you in maintaining your personal Continuous Professional Development
- Funded professional membership
Please be aware this role holder requires Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) clearance, or the ability to obtain said clearance
We value the unique differences that each of our colleagues bring to work every day and are committed to creating an environment where everyone feels respected, included and able to perform at their best.
At Magnox we are committed to creating a workplace that is diverse and inclusive, and we therefore particularly welcome applications from women, BAME, LGBT+ and disabled candidates.
We are happy to talk support flexible working where possible.
Please apply to the role with an updated CV to Natalie.email@example.com