AWE is currently recruiting for a Facility Engineering Task Manager to manage and oversee delivery of professional engineering services to enable the Principal Asset Engineer in fulfilment of the strategy for the upkeep of all assets and equipment AWE needs in order to deliver the Programme.
Location - Reading area
Package - £42,000 - c£66,000 (depending on your suitability and level of experience)
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available.
Working for one of the area's largest employers and enjoying an excellent work/life balance, our engineers gain experience on a wide variety of equipment and projects and can make a direct and visible contribution to the successful running of the business.
You will be required to:
- Provide leadership to Asset Engineering Solutions personnel (Shape the future to inspire trust, build effective relationships to clarify purpose, energise the team to deliver results, and be a model for personal excellence, integrity and accountability)
- Identification of engineering task requirements from the relevant PAE and AOM
- Adherence to management system requirements for engineering activities
- Delivery of engineering tasks to schedule, budget and quality requirements
- Identification of strategic engineering resource to support future programme of work in own Tech Centre
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- HNC/HND with suitable additional experience
- Ability to deliver engineering across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
- Extensive experience of working in a highly regulated environment (preferably nuclear and/or explosives)
- Leading the delivery of engineering services across the life of an asset
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.