We are recruiting for a Knowledge & Information Management Specialist to work in our Knowledge Management (KM) Team. You will work closely with the key technical stakeholders and project managers across the AWE business to understand challenges and then identify opportunities for improvement and areas where value can be added using better knowledge and information management tools and techniques; Helping business functions to better manage and exploit their business critical knowledge and information assets and to work in an advisory capacity to guide the business stakeholders in best use of knowledge and information management tools and techniques.
You should have experience of working in a business advisory / consultancy role, knowledge of training people in using available tools, change behaviour processes, new ways of working and experience of identifying business improvement opportunities and working with stakeholders to identify solutions.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
- Producing outputs from acquired knowledge to fully exploit KM activities and to support and deliver AWE technical learning and development.
- Work with technical stakeholders to identify areas of improvement using knowledge & information management tools and techniques
- Work with relevant teams/projects to implement knowledge & information management activities
- Guidance, support and train people/teams in best practice knowledge & information management activities
- To assist the capture (review, collate, summarise and publish) of AWE business critical knowledge and experience for the benefit of the future business, underpinning AWE's capability to develop, maintain and deliver warhead systems.
- To manage, deliver and monitor services within the area of responsibility.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Working within a small team with the responsibility for the capture and exploitation of AWE business critical Knowledge and related information from past, current and future products.
- Working to establish Corporate AWE Knowledge Management best practices and understanding future requirements of the business area and establishing these across local teams.
- Implement improvements to knowledge capture activities by influencing and advising at all levels in the business area.
- Identify and prioritise key "at risk" areas, co-ordinate and facilitate the capture of that knowledge and produce a tangible and useable outcome using the well-established, company wide process which may include; identify, capture, organise, preserve, share and apply
- Providing expert knowledge management and information management support to key business functions.
- To help business project teams optimise their use of collaboration platforms to exploit knowledge and information assets.
- Ability to engage and influence stakeholders at an appropriate level, encouraging compliance with Knowledge Management requirements.
- Problem solving, using a range of approaches, tools and techniques to underpin decision making
- Communicating and influencing with the ability to build collaborative relationships
- Problem solving and critical thinking
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite of tools/software (in particular SharePoint)