We are recruiting for an IT Tester who will be responsible for delivering phases of testing for assigned projects. Undertaking test design, planning and execution as appropriate. Ensuring the delivered services are formally tested and signed off prior to implementation.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
- Ensuring that testing is carried out to agreed corporate standards utilising resources from third-party integrators and Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) from user departments as appropriate.
- Responsible for the delivery of one or more concurrent test activities within the IT schedule of work or designated Solution Centre. Typically the engineer will be required to work alone, seeking guidance and assistance as necessary, but for larger elements of work may lead and work as part of a team.
- Delivery timescales and quality goals will be agreed, to which the test analyst is expected to deliver at all times, taking action as appropriate to ensure that delivery or quality is not compromised.
- Produce required documentation to support all phases of the system development process.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
- Write the detailed test plan, scripts and report.
- Analyse a system to identify the test conditions and test scripts required to test the software item, meeting the requirements of the approach defined in the test plan.
- Derive tests from requirements, design documents and user input and report on test coverage and traceability to the business requirements.
- Analyse the risks present in the software item under test, and the creation of test material that reflects the mitigation of those risks.