Role - ESH Manager
Closing date: 28th June 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
To Task Manage a multidiscipline team in the provision of ESH Services to an agreed ESH Service Schedule or Schedules across an area of the business with the aim of achieving excellent performance in environment, safety and health throughout that area.
You will be required to:
- Establishing with customer/s appropriate ESH service schedules (including proportionate ESH improvement programmes) and deliver the required services to time and cost by routinely monitoring performance against the schedule.
- The Task Management of a multidiscipline team within their current area of deployment.
- Interfacing with Technical Leads/Line Managers of ESH Staff deployed to the area of deployment and be actively involved with development and objective setting activities.
- Ensuring appropriate utilisation of deployed ESH Staff and managing instance of over and underutilisation.
- Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player.
- Additional accountabilities for this job profile may be defined and appointed through the Chief Engineer Management Arrangements, with appointees listed within the Company Design Authorities and Technical Authorities, as held in the company management system.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Degree in a science or engineering based subject or vocational qualification (HND or equivalent).
- Good understanding of all ESH disciplines e.g. Process Safety, Environment, Safety Cases, etc. Understanding of current ESH management system standards including ISO 9001, ISO 14001, HSG65 and BS OHAS 18001.
- Understanding of current ESH legislation, standards and guidance (including Licence conditions) relevant to the role.
- Understanding of configuration and change management techniques.
- Understanding of improvement techniques.
- Capable of maintaining a high degree of effectiveness in a multi task role, managing priorities and delivering to challenging timescales.
- Ability to build and improve effective internal working relationships at all levels in order to secure best solutions.
- Good communication, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Able to make systematic and rational judgements based on relevant information and to evaluate solutions.
- Able to anticipate problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Able to readily adapt and respond quickly to changing situations and the changing needs of others.