Role: Senior Environmental Auditor
Closing date: 28th June 2021
Location: Reading/Basingstoke area
Salary: AWE offers a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight and flexible working hours (role dependent).
It takes a special sort of person to work at AWE. What if that person was you?
AWE plays a crucial role in nuclear defence, providing the warheads for the UK's nuclear deterrent. What we do is unique and so are the people who work here.
AWE is currently recruiting for an experienced auditor, with a strong background and auditing qualifications in ESH & Quality, specifically ISO14001:2015 Environmental Management Systems.
The role will involve development and delivery of AWE's Environmental Audit Programme, which serves to provide assurance that AWE's Environmental Management System maintains compliance with the requirements of ISO14001:2015 and fulfils the needs of AWE's 26 Environmental Permits and all other relevant environmental compliance obligations.
The nature of the role requires one to be able to work independently and be self-accountable for delivery to time and quality, although excellent stakeholder engagement and relationship management is essential. You will also be required on occasion to provide training and/or mentoring to other ISO14001 qualified auditors, to ensure AWE's audit and reporting processes are consistently followed. Dependant on experience, there is potential for the scope of this role to be broadened to audit ESH&Q compliance across the business more generally.
To be successful in this role you will have
- Knowledge and application of modern audit and risk management techniques.
- Used appropriate audit techniques to address specific focus of individual audit & consultancy assignments.
- Worked with other assurance providers to support delivery of corporate objectives.
- Track record of meeting delivery targets and sustained performance.
- Gaining commitment from senior management to implement recommendations.
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification.
- Focuses audit reviews and outcomes on business key issues.
- Maintain current knowledge and governance approaches and ways of managing common risks to underpin prioritisation of audit activities.