AWE are recruiting an experienced Information Manager to support a project in managing its information and records and provide guidance in meeting its regulatory requirements. This will be a 2 year fixed term contract initially and there may be some travel to France required.
Proven experience in information management (paper, digital data and other media formats) is essential and experience in SharePoint implementation and day-to-day management will be an advantage.
A good understanding of Configuration Management and Information Technology would also be an advantage to the person with the right information experience. This role is a combination of responsibilities across traditional Information Governance, Operations and Compliance. While not essential, a degree of proficiency in spoken and written French would also be an advantage.
The role will require you to be embedded within the project to provide first line advice and guidance on all aspects of Records Management to the project so a sound understanding of Information Management, Information Governance and relevant legislation is essential.
Location - Reading area
AWE offer a competitive salary, market leading contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, excellent work/life balance including a 9-day working fortnight in the UK and flexible working hours (role dependent). A salary sacrifice scheme is also available. We welcome applications from candidates looking for full and part time hours.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
· Translating information management and service strategies into operational delivery.
· Managing and implementing the information management capability for the Teutates Programme.
· Ensuring regulatory and legislative compliance for the lifecycle management of information assets within the Teutates Programme.
· Ensuring business requirements are satisfied and information is exploited, managed and protected throughout its lifecycle.
· Management and mitigation of information risks associated with the legal, contractual, security and accessibility aspects of information.
· Establishing and managing an effective SharePoint environment for the project to store retrieve and manage their records; ensuring that project personnel comply with the information handling standards set.
· Maintain and promote high personal standards in environment, safety, health, security and quality and be a great team player
Skills and Experience
· Managing multiple concurrent tasks whilst maintaining effective judgment in
prioritizing and time allocation of self and resources
· Ability to gather requirements and construct associated plans and documentation such as Business Cases, Reports and Plans
· Experience of managing a SharePoint site and experience in working with a team to ensure that they implement and comply with the standards required for the management of the project's records within a SharePoint environment.
· Managing and delivering activities in a diverse organisation
· Highly skilled in customer relations and communications, both written and oral