ABER is consolidating its process engineering function into a new department to streamline the transition of the release of new products into our manufacturing department whilst enabling continuous improvement of existing product lines. You will be a completer finisher who works to deliver the qualification, verification and validation of processes through the build and test process of highly technical and specialised products.
With the creation of a new department, we are looking for a candidate with a strong electronics background and a mechanical background.
Duties to Include
- Product and process validation and verification of new and existing products, as well as the creation of supporting documentation (including installation qualification/operational qualification documents, operating procedures, quality control procedures and test procedures).
- PFMEA, process flow, lean manufacturing plan, manufacturing instructions & packaging processes.
- Work with new product development teams to advise on the design for manufacture of new products, turning their build instructions into processes and procedures suitable for mass manufacture to be followed by our manufacturing department.
- Assembly of small PCB’s with surface mount soldering work
- Undertake and oversee the build of pre-production batches of parts to analyse the build process.
- As part of the Manufacturing handover process, you will be expected to train Manufacturing staff on new processes, such as delicate soldering, board programming and calibration.
- Work with the Manufacturing department to deliver the changes needed to enable their continuous improvement program.
- Help the Quality department to understand the quality requirements for new products and work with manufacturers to ensure that these standards are met.
- Work with our software team to automate existing processes, including the implementation of robotics and cobots.
- Identify process problems and non-conformances in manufacturing processes and develop corrective actions.
- Set up and maintain products, BoMs and suppliers in our MRP system.
- Work within an ISO 9001 & 13485 environment.
- Work with the development team to identify and specify replacement parts and components for obsolete parts.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required
- Experience in product and process Validation and Verification.
- Degree or equivalent HND in Electronics or related subject
- Electronics design for PCB
- Electronics assembly – surface mount
- Circuit problem solving abilities
- Attention to detail with good hand to eye co-ordination and manual dexterity
- Experience of sensors, controllers or motors.
- Ability to manage time effectively, prioritise tasks and achieve set targets working effectively independently and as part of a team.
- Excellent communicator
- Drive to deliver quality products
- Ability to travel (UK and occasionally internationally)
- Practical build skills and experience with workshop tools
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & Publisher)
- Understanding of CE/EMC compliance principles
- Familiarity with MRP
- Familiarity with PFMEA, process flow, manufacturing plans
- Expertise with statistical process control (SPC, CPK’s etc.)
- Experience of specialist glues and adhesives
- Design for and programming of CNC
- Familiarity with high end engineering polymers
- Experience with injection moulded parts
- Project planning and time management
- Medical device industry experience
- Experience of hands on and training of technicians on new processes
- Experience of remote training of technicians on new processes
- Cleanroom experience
To apply - please click apply below and send us your CV!