Facility Engineer - Mechanical
Location - Reading/Basingstoke area
Package - £34,000 - c£49,000 (depending on level of experience and suitability to the role) plus contributory pension scheme, generous holiday entitlement, additional flexible benefits scheme and excellent work/life balance including 9 day working fortnight.
- Apply domain and technical knowledge for design intent, as-built standards and system performance through life for engineered systems and structures
- Interpret and deliver the requirements of issued tasks from the Asset Engineering Solutions order book (including troubleshooting, quoting, reporting, design, commissioning and handover as required), and make evidence based professional engineering decisions to solve technical problems within area of responsibility
- Identify and escalate business risk arising from condition of engineered systems and structures
- Demonstrate adherence to management system requirements and relevant technical standards
- Engage with company delivery and administrative requirements; report own and team progress honestly and clearly, communicate in an engaging manner, support performance management
- Optimise the delivery of Operations Engineering
We would love to hear from individuals with the following:
- HNC with suitable additional experience
- Membership of an engineering institution
- Incorporated Engineer or equivalent
- The ability to deliver engineering across an equivalent manufacturing and/or research environment comprising a range of infrastructure facilities and associated manufacturing and/or research plant and equipment
- Experience of delivering facilities engineering and maintenance services across the life of an asset
Candidates must be willing and able to obtain and maintain the necessary security clearance for the role.
AWE plays a crucial role in the defence of the United Kingdom, by providing and maintaining the warheads for the country's nuclear deterrent. We are a centre of scientific, engineering and technological excellence, with some of the most advanced research, design and production facilities in the world. Our unique expertise also assists the UK Government in developing and delivering a range of innovative and integrated support services, including national nuclear security and counter-terrorism solutions.
AWE is an equal opportunities employer. We value diversity and welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds. We particularly welcome applications from sections of the community which are currently under-represented at AWE, including women, BAME and disabled people.