Chief Systems Engineer
Digital technology is transforming our world at pace. Costain’s Leading Edge strategy is putting Digital at the heart of our business. Utilising our broad sector knowledge and deep client insight, we transform business performance and infrastructure intelligence through the development and integration of digital technology solutions.
Be part of the Journey
Our mission is to improve people’s lives, by creating digitally enhanced sustainable infrastructure for future generations, and you will have the opportunity to directly see the impact your efforts will have on creating a greener, smarter, more connected world. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of real change in critical national infrastructure that will make tomorrow possible.
The Chief System Engineer is a customer facing role with both technical and business development responsibilities.
The Chief Systems Engineer is expected to have strong systems engineering knowledge, with competency and experience in the application of systems engineering and associated tools. They will be responsible and accountable for:
- Influencing customers, internal organisation, suppliers and peers within industry on the beneficial contribution of a systems approach to Infrastructure Delivery
- Making insightful decisions which positively impact on the success of assigned tasks/projects i.e. outcomes, deadlines and budget
- Performing a challenging range and variety of complex technical or professional work activities
- Undertaking work which requires the application of fundamental principles of systems engineering, systems integration, systems thinking and systems assurance in a wide and often unpredictable range of contexts
- Analysing written and verbal information and able to assimilate and organise the data to provide clear insights and direction to self and others confidentially
- Understanding the relationship between own specialism and wider customer/ organisational requirements
- Demonstrating creativity and innovation in applying solutions for the benefit of the client
- Receiving assignments in the form of objectives and establishing own milestones and working under broad direction with minimal supervision to achieve quality outcomes
- Self-motivated and work is often self-initiated, being fully accountable for own technical work and/or project/ supervisory responsibilities and ensures costs to complete and value are balanced
- Identifying future business opportunities and creating new business relationships resulting in new work for the systems based approach capability
- Lead creation of Case Studies to capture problem(s) solved, value the systems-based approach capability team added and the wider benefits provided to the customer
Please apply through our Costain careers page by clicking APPLY below.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org