Lead Technical Architect
Digital technology is transforming our world at pace. Costain’s Leading Edge strategy is putting Digital at the heart of our business. Utilising our broad sector knowledge and deep client insight, we transform business performance and infrastructure intelligence through the development and integration of digital technology solutions.
Be part of the Journey
Our mission is to improve people’s lives, by creating digitally enhanced sustainable infrastructure for future generations, and you will have the opportunity to directly see the impact your efforts will have on creating a greener, smarter, more connected world. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of real change in critical national infrastructure that will make tomorrow possible.
We have a great opportunity for a digitally current, cyber native, Principle Technical Architect with business insight to design and assure digital solutions enabling, supporting and improving people's lives within a UK Government Department .
About the project
You could be involved in all areas of our business and industry sectors - government (primary focus), transport, utilities, and increasingly Carbon Capture and Digital Twin initiatives.
- This project will be involved in supporting a Government Department and associated arms length organisations.
- Client facing skills and stakeholder management are therefore critical 'must have' skills
- You must prepared to be Security Cleared to relevant levels if not already held or transferable. (BPSS or SC)
A lead technical architect works with multiple projects or teams on problems that require broad architectural thinking. At this level, you will:
- Be responsible for leading the technical design of systems and services, and you will justify and communicate design decisions
- Assure other services and system quality, making sure the technical work fits into the broader strategy for government
- Explore the benefits of cross-government alignment
- Provide mentoring within teams and provide leadership to other architects.
- You will be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of designing and independently assuring the completeness of solutions to meet principles, policies and guidelines through having an experienced understanding of Architecture frameworks (e.g. GDS, TOGAF, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard, SABSA)
- Security legislation and regulatory frameworks (e.g. DPA, PCI-DSS, GDPR, UK Gov Good Practice Guides) Security methodologies and industry standards (e.g. ISO27001, NIST, SANS)
- CISSP certified, or equivalent certification, NIST Cyber Security Framework, ISF Standard), GIAC or CompTIA Security+ (or equivalent).
Skills needed for this role (Relevant skill level: SFIA 4)
- Bridging the gap between the technical and non-technical: You can mediate between people and mend relationships, communicating with stakeholders at all levels
- Governance: You can evolve and define governance and take responsibility for collaborating and supporting services in wider governance. You know how to assure services delivered by technical architects across sets of services
- Making and guiding decisions: You can make decisions characterised by medium levels of risk and complexity and recommend decisions as risk and complexity increase. You can build consensus between services or independent stakeholders
- Strategy: You can define and challenge strategies, patterns, standards, policies, roadmaps and vision statements. You can provide proactive advice and guidance for their definition across the organisation
- Turning business problems into technical design: You can design systems characterised by high levels of risk, impact and business or technical complexity
- Understanding the whole context: You can understand trends and practices within the broader organisation and how these will impact on your work. You can look for deeper underlying problems and opportunities and anticipate problems before they occur. You can identify the impact of changes to policy
For more information and to apply, please click APPLY below.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org