Digital technology is transforming our world at pace. Costain’s Leading Edge strategy is putting Digital at the heart of our business. Utilising our broad sector knowledge and deep client insight, we transform business performance and infrastructure intelligence through the development and integration of digital technology solutions.
Be part of the Journey
Our mission is to improve people’s lives, by creating digitally enhanced sustainable infrastructure for future generations, and you will have the opportunity to directly see the impact your efforts will have on creating a greener, smarter, more connected world. This is an opportunity to be at the forefront of real change in critical national infrastructure that will make tomorrow possible.
About the Project
- Costain is growing its systems-based approach capability group to meet the needs of customers and to address the opportunities within our market sectors.
Costain’s systems-based approach incorporates a number of elements including systems thinking, systems engineering and systems integration principles, practices and tools to discover, design, develop and deploy resilient systems. Working within a strong technical team, this role is suited to a Senior Systems Engineer with a background in a variety of sectors who has worked throughout the project life cycle from bid to post-delivery support.
- Requirements analysis, capture and decomposition on large integration projects. This will naturally involve customer engagement/workshops and provide/manage compliancy status with all internal/external stakeholders
- Create, analyses and document solutions traceable to the customer, business and solution requirements. This involves generating system architecture designs, functional designs, interfaces specifications, statements of work, integration and test strategies and any relevant systems engineering artefacts
- Provide support or take responsibility, as appropriate, for the solution technical design, ensuring adherence to the solution requirements, cost and schedule constraints, company product policy, legislative and regulatory constraints, and required solution qualities (e.g. manufacturing, supportability, etc.)
- Provide support or take responsibility, as appropriate, for the integration, verification, validation, and qualification planning and definition activities, and lead and participate in those activities as required
- Ensure solution designs reflect the state-of-the-art and industry best practice, and ensure innovative opportunities are prosecuted
- Provide input regarding systems engineering tasks to project planners and plans
- Identification of project technical risks and assisting the Project Manager with the management of them
- Report to management on Systems Engineering performance against specification, budget, timescale and quality requirements, to identify deviations from plan and carry out corrective action
- Mentoring of other Systems Engineering staff and activities as required
- Work collaboratively with other management and engineering disciplines to ensure project objectives are met
Please apply for this role through our Costain careers page by clicking APPLY.
Should you require any adjustments to support you in your application, please do not hesitate to contact us: email@example.com