MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
We are looking for a Lead Engineer in a fast paced and exciting projects and become a key member of a dynamic team.
Simulation and Modelling is central to the design and development of MBDA’s products. Mathematical Models are developed for many purposes and are used from concept to in-service. Our team is responsible for the development of models and software to support the following:
- Investigate feasibility of new weapon systems, proving new concepts and design trade studies;
- Development of real time models and models that support growth areas within the business.
- Support algorithm and software development and its testing through Hardware in the Loop and trials programmes that verify and validate modelling;
- Support performance assessment of contractual requirements that certify the weapon system design.
The lead engineer ensures that delivery models and modelling tools or software to MBDA programmes are capable of adapting or creating solutions to sophisticated technical problems to meet the end goal with the right level of quality.
Coaching and guiding team members providing regular feedback to enhance overall team performance and knowledge transfer is a key part of this role.
Activities will also include budget responsibility, which will require monitoring and agreement of priorities with projects in a constantly evolving environment.
What we’re looking for
- Someone with a numerate background, such as, a good Degree or Masters in an Engineering, Mathematics or Science related subject.
- A good understanding of simulation environments (e.g. MATLAB and Simulink, or similar) and programming languages (e.g. FORTRAN, C/C++).
- Understanding of change and configuration control processes is considered an advantage (e.g. Rational Team Concert).
- Ability to identify and solve sophisticated problems and gather the information needed to drive through to ultimate solutions.
- Experience of partner engagement, coordination and planning would be an advantage.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present complex information in a simple way.
- An awareness of risk management, mitigation and reporting.
- Motivated to run a small to medium sized project and carry out all aspects of task package management
- Develop and shape robust teams by influencing both inside and outside the department and empowering staff to go above and beyond
- Review of team's work to ensure quality standards and integrity.
What’s in it for you?
This role has the opportunity to steer team activities with a strong sense of autonomy and offers exposure to Simulation and Modelling deliveries to projects and a perspective on the way this is used by Performance Assessment, deliveries to Software and test facilities.
Gain a wealth of knowledge of both model & software development.
Build awareness of the processes that assures quality of Sim and Mod activities.
Potential onward development paths to managerial or specialist paths.
Join a great team!
We are a vibrant, hard-working department with a successful track record in achieving project achievements. We develop new and innovative ways of working to improve existing products and develop new ones.
Our department has representation at UK sites and internationally. There is opportunity for sharing knowledge with these other sites and potential for international mobility.
This is a growing department with opportunities to work across a range of exciting projects.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.