MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
An opportunity has arisen in the Environmental Engineering Test department for an additional Test Team Leader. This newly created role will lead a focused team dedicated to providing environmental testing services and applying specialist, technical knowledge to safely deliver sophisticated environmental test programmes.
This role provides technical expertise in delivering environmental test programmes coupled with leading the team in a demanding and dynamic working environment.
Putting safety first, the team leader ensures that work packages are delivered safely by monitoring safety in the work environment and consistency in risk assessments and safe working practices.
What we’re looking for
- Someone who can plan, deliver and monitor assigned work packages for the team and ensure requirements are delivered to plan, quality, timescale and budget.
- Strong technical background in all aspects of environmental testing with the ability to guide the team in resolving technical challenges.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of common environmental test standards.
- Expert knowledge of the test methods used to perform variety of environmental testing, i.e. vibration (random, sine, narrowband), shock (classical, operational, pyro) and climatic type (altitude, pressure, temperature, humidity).
What’s in it for you:
- Leading a team of environmental test engineers and developing new skills in a technical & leadership role.
- Helping to shape the future of EE&F by taking the first step into the leadership team.
- We have the ability to influence the design, manufacture and proving of our products whilst developing technical skills and gaining experience across MBDA UK's Portfolio.
- Self development and learning is a big focus for us.
- This role can develop into more senior role or technical specialist.
- Work in our specialist facilities, helping to generate state of the art and innovative testing techniques.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- Our team is highly collaborative, encouraging and friendly. We have a wide variety of skills and experience and challenge each other to perform to the highest standard. We consistently deliver results under high pressure and tight timeframes.
- We are a highly skilled and motivated team, working with real weapon systems and maintaining a “hands on” engineering skill set.
- We make significant inputs to aid the design of products.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.