MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Due to team expansion, we have an opportunity for an Image Processing and Computer Vision engineer to join us at MBDA to develop and evaluate state-of-the-art algorithms incorporating detection, classification, tracking, reconstruction, and restoration tasks across a range of imaging modalities including visible (RGB), Infra-Red (IR) and Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR).
MBDA is the first truly integrated, multi-national defence company in Europe, enabling development of missile and weapon systems for each branch of the armed forces: air, sea and land. Our range of technologies and products consolidates the Group as a world-leader in the defence industry.
Responsibilities will include researching, developing and evaluating algorithms that integrate into wider complex weapon systems across all stages of the lifecycle. This will either be through externally or internally funded research studies to investigate algorithms for future developments, or as part of fast-moving and challenging product teams.
The role holder will be encouraged to cultivate a broad and in-depth knowledge across a variety of applicable fields and topics. However specific knowledge or experience in any of these areas is of benefit:
What we’re looking for
- Image Processing Algorithms: Segmentation, Filter Design, Noise Removal, Compression, Super Resolution
- Computer Vision Algorithms: Tracking, Optical Flow, Particle Filtering, Pose Estimation
- Inverse Problems / Computational Imaging: Sparse Coding, Compressive Sensing
- Deep Learning techniques: Detection, Tracking, Classification, Siamese Networks
- Machine Learning: Support Vector Machines, Neural Networks, Gaussian Processes
- Domain Specific Signal Processing: Multi/Hyper-Spectral, RF, IR, SAR, STAP
Ideally you will have knowledge and experience in some of the following:
- Preferably PhD qualified in related area. we also welcome applications from candidates completing their PhD
- A degree with strong mathematical content e.g. Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science
- A keen interest in cutting-edge technologies and their applications
- Relevant Post-Doctoral or Industrial experience, is a strong advantage
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Matlab, Simulink, C/C++
- Deep Learning libraries: PyTorch, TensorFlow, Keras
- Python including SciPy, OpenCV, Scikit-learn, Pandas
- Model Based Design
This is a chance to play a key role in the development of our sophisticated weapon systems, and gain in-depth knowledge of their design and functionality
Collaboration with engineers from a broad range of subject areas e.g. Guidance, Control & Navigation; Simulation & Modelling; Software Engineering; Hardware-in-the Loop; Systems Design & Validation; Seekers & Datalink Systems
Join a great team!
We are dynamic team working within the Image Processing department and this is an exciting time of growth and opportunity for our department. We have opportunity to work within an international subject area that has strong links to MBDA sites in France and Germany
As a member of our team there is the opportunity to attend workshops and conferences both nationally and internationally
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram!
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.