About the role:
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join our Engineering team working on next generation technology in Electronic Warfare and Cyber domains. You will be working to implement and analyse machine learning models and will be an integral part of a team involved in the research, design, development and verification of complete systems to deliver products and capability to our customers. You will be supported by more experienced members of the team and have the opportunity to learn new data science stacks, programming languages, technologies, methodologies and standards. You will receive dedicated and mentored on-the-job training and experience of cross-domain working to develop your skills across different areas of the business.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience as a Data Scientist.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) preferably in Engineering, Computer Science, Physics or similar.
- An enthusiasm for working with new and evolving technologies, sometimes outside of their immediate skill set, to solve a wide range of challenges using creative and innovative solutions.
- Experience with Python and numerical libraries.
- The ability to independently perform research and exploratory tasks using publically available software and information sources.
- Experience with classical and deep machine learning.
- Experience with the design, implementation and verification of Machine Learning pipelines.
- Experience with a major machine learning library such as Tensorflow or PyTorch.
- Experience with interfacing machine learning or other algorithms into embedded (Linux) systems.
- Knowledge of DSP algorithm design.
- Communication or RF knowledge (although training would be given to upskill in these areas).
- Experience with C/C++ to design/implement algorithms (DSP, data science).
- Experience with Matlab and similar DSP modelling tools.
- Use of Agile principles and Scrum development.
- Some appreciation of other engineering disciplines (software, hardware, RF, systems).
- Experience with modern, team-based version control systems.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.