About the role:
The Systems Solutions Architect will specialise in our Electronic Warfare domain and will be required to work primarily at the front end of bids, programmes and work packages to ‘solutioneer’ at the highest level of EW system capture and architecture embodying all current architectural standards and worldwide customer 'ways of working'. The Systems Solutions Architect should be an ‘evangeliser’ – able to identify and see ‘the big picture’ whilst applying systems level thinking. They should apply creative thinking to projects ranging from a single device up to globally distributed turnkey systems providing solution architectures, including infrastructure and application design.
The Systems Solutions Architect will work with the Technology Office to elicit the business requirements to ensure the technical solutions meet the business need and can be delivered on the chosen architecture. They will also work with the System Engineering team to ensure consistent thinking, assess the potential impacts on the customer such as implementation, license costs, maintenance, etc and generate high quality documentation suitable for internal and external presentation. They will have major contribution to the creation of technical proposals, bids and presentations and to the development of IRAD submissions. They will promote the business’ technical capabilities to external customers through participation in conferences and publication of white papers or in journals.
This role can be based in either our Tewkesbury or Fleet office with home working available. International travel will be required.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Drive and support innovation challenges, and use this to drive evaluation and adoption of new technologies and innovative "Systems Architecture design thinking"
- Lead and drive creation and maintenance of Mission, System and technology roadmaps covering as appropriate Tactical EW & Cyber and Agile Secure Communications, ensuring that they are strategy-led, and supportive to effective IRAD planning and customer influence
- Provide technical oversight of internal review and approval process from roadmap and internal VoC point of view, ensuring IRAD investments are supporting wider strategic priorities.
- Expand external technical relationships so as to influence, shape and receive input from key stakeholder organizations, customers and thought-leaders.
- Deliver commitments to support Operating Plan and drive allocated Strategic priority, and support all strategic priorities.
- Work with Sales & BD and other stakeholders and increase level of value-add CFD linked to strategic priorities and roadmaps, so as to support key IRAD investments. Drive tangible progress and maturity towards revenue opportunities for modernisation technologies, for example open systems architecture, AI / ML; How do we apply our know-how to create scalable revenue?
- Support the overall technical lead for the business against identified programmes of record and low R&D
- Proactively contribute to external social-media, key-note-speeches, papers, conference panels and trade-shows etc. so as to improve public brand and influence of the business in key markets
- Expand working relationships across segment, sector & divisional engineering teams and continue to build effective team-working within L3Harris leadership teams
- Deliver comprehensive system architecture level solution at bid stage and during delivery phases
- Improve business and operational delivery.
- Improve technical capability of products and services.
- Provide innovative, effective, agile and professional engineering services.
- Interact with customers to provide professional technical services and ensure the technical reputation of the company is enhanced.
Experience & Skills:
- Experience and appreciation of the full capture and engineering lifecycle.
- Understand culture, know how it is created and evolves over time, and how to intervene to shape it.
- Appreciate the unique context in which the business operates, the diversity of customers and how best to serve them.
- Know how to combine interpersonal and technical skills to impact the organisation, and engage with staff and external customers.
- Have a deep and authoritative understanding of the engineering discipline and provide an efficient, effective and professional service.
- Substantial experience in industry, with previous experience working at the Solutions Architect level within the Electronic Warfare domain and Defence industry
- Possess good interpersonal skills to allow effective interaction with technical staff, internal support departments and customers.
- Have practical knowledge of requirements management including experience of working with stakeholders (internal and external) to elicit, analyse and negotiate requirements.
- Have experience in requirements and configuration management.
- The ability to multi-task across several projects.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.