About the role:
We have a number of unique opportunities for Software Engineers (from Graduate to Principal level) across our growing Cyber Security and Electronic Warfare portfolios. We collaborate with Government Agencies and the Defence sector on the next generation of state of the art Cyber Defence solutions, such as Government grade data encryption, as well as protecting against loss of life with our Force Protection technology (Electronic Countermeasures).
You will be involved in the full engineering lifecycle, from conception and architecture, through to low level design and implementation of embedded software in our products. You will be an integral part of a development team and there will be opportunities to work on the latest evolution of our award winning flagship CATAPAN product family, or on our Corvus development which is changing the face of Electronic Countermeasures in the Defence sector.
Experience & Skills:
- Previous Software Engineering experience with solid embedded real-time C++ code development & review
- Solid experience of object orientated design and implementation principles
- Linux application and/or driver development experience within an embedded Linux platform desirable but not essential
- Experience of Linux kernel development and build systems (Yocto, etc) desirable but not essential
- Experience of DevOps methods and tools such as continuous build environment, source control, automated testing and deployment
- Experience of scripting languages (Python, etc)
- Ability to work in a multi-discipline team (Software, Firmware, Hardware)
- Ability to create proficient designs from formal requirements (UML experience desirable)
- A desire to learn new technologies and to push technical boundaries
- Good communication skills to work as part of a dynamic development team
- Degree qualified or equivalent in relevant subject, or qualified by experience
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance relevant to the country of the position. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws.