SSTL is a world leader in the design, manufacture and operation of high performance small satellites with experience gained over more than 30 years and 39 missions launched. You will be joining a dynamic company with an exciting future. This position is based in Guildford, Surrey.
Design, implementation and verification of RF payload solutions into SSTL missions.
- Work with multidisciplinary teams to develop mission solutions based around RF payloads and signal processing capabilities
- System level design and performance analysis of radar and communications payloads including those based on software defined radio (SDR) technology
- Specification of payload hardware including transmitters, receivers and antennas
- Specification of in-orbit or ground based signal processing solutions
- Specification and development of tools for payload design, test and calibration
- Work with other SSTL engineering teams and/or external subcontractors to develop and implement payload hardware and signal processing solutions
- Define and support payload verification by on ground environmental test and in-orbit commissioning
- Manage payload delivery, integration and test as part of SSTL projects
- Work package manager responsibilities including planning/reporting budget/schedule/resources
- Input to bids involving RF payloads
- Support project reviews including presentation of technical solutions and programmatic progress to internal and external stakeholders
- Ideally 5+ years relevant experience
- System engineering for complex, multidisciplinary products or project solutions
- Requirements analysis and flow down
- Ideally, familiarity with some of the following; RF systems, link budget analysis, RF and/or digital design, signal processing, antennas, RF test equipment, system modelling, satellite systems
- Experience of manufacture and test for space advantageous.
Qualifications Knowledge & Skills:
- Good 1st degree in engineering, maths or physics
- Comfortable taking input from experts while maintaining ownership of the solution
- Confident delving into detail as required without being distracted from system level objectives
- Excellent inter-personal skills - both written and oral communications; ability to interface with customers and technical representatives
- Familiarity with Matlab or similar mathematical modelling tool
- Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and Powerpoint, MS project or similar planning tool
- Flexible and adaptable to changing priorities
- Ability to work well in teams but also individually
- Results orientated, can-do approach
- Pro-active and able to take initiative
- Decision making and problem solving skills
- Highly organised with clear communication skills
- Proven ability to deliver solutions under pressure and to tight timescales
If you are interested in this role, please apply via the Apply button.