MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: £60,000 to £70,000 (doe)
Benefits: *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
We are looking for a software specialist to help us develop the next generation of Radars and Sensors which comprise the eyes and ears of future missile systems.
You will be acting as the focal point between Radar and sensor experts, algorithm designers, electronic engineers, systems engineers, trials engineers and of course software engineers. You will be central to conceptualising and building the software that brings MBDA UK’s Radars and Sensors to life.
If this sounds exciting then come and join us at MBDA - a 2019 Sunday Times 25 Best Big Companies To Work For, and make a difference.
What we’re looking for
- Someone that can steer the design and implementation of complex real-time systems, from a software engineering point of view. This is an influential and hands-on technical role.
You will have:
- Significant experience working on the boundary between software architecture, systems engineering and system design for complex systems..
- A thorough understanding of Embedded Systems and how to design for proving and manufacture.
- You are the person people come to talk to about software issues on your current projects – and you will frequently be sought out for your judgement on technical aspects of the overall product.
- Knowledge of Simulink, C++, FPGAs (such as Xilinx, Altera), UML, SysML and DOORS
- The skills to convey complex abstract ideas to people clearly – and will be equally comfortable discussing low level technical detail when needed.
- You will be influential and well connected - able to guide people towards a decision when things are uncertain.
- You find the idea of making a system do something new (and that it might not have been originally designed to do) exciting and can inspire the same excitement in others.
- Ideally you will have experience within a domain where quality and dependability are key discriminators – for example, defence, aerospace, medical, automotive…..
What’s in it for you?
- You will get to work with experts in Radar and Sensor systems, working with technologies at the forefront of European missile systems design.
- Many of our projects are the result of international collaboration and consequently there may be the opportunity to work with colleagues at our development sites in France, Italy and Germany.
- We offer a supportive and encouraging working environment where you can develop your skills across a diverse range of products and technologies.
Join a great team!
Join a team that produces software that makes a difference. There are numerous opportunities to work with a huge variety of people of different backgrounds and expertise, passionate about building sophisticated solutions to complex challenges.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.