MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
Salary: Salary £50-£60k doe.
Part time working considered
The Test Software department at Bolton is tasked with supplying software into a full range of test solutions, from overall Missile test to Board test plus Simulators and Field Support equipment.
- Do you have the innovation and passion to deliver on time with high level of quality?
- Are you a good problem solver of sophisticated systems and software?
- Can you thrive using AGILE/SCRUM/DevOps methods of software development?
- Can you be a change agent in a busy and fast paced Software Team?
Then we have a fantastic opportunity for you to craft the future of Test Software department in MBDA UK as we continue a transformation towards being a modern Software Development group.
What we’re looking for
We are keen to expand our team with the right people that complement and enrich our culture.
We are looking for a highly energised Software Engineer capable of designing and developing Test Equipment software to test world leading complex missile systems and sub-components. You will be encouraged to deliver in a multi-disciplined support and product development environment. Supporting and resolving issues that impact Manufacturing is a key element of the role. The product environment include mechanical, electronic design and software design and development.
- Be proficient in one or more of the following
- C, C++, LabWindowsCVI, TestStand, IntervalZero RTX.
- Have experience of implementing communication interfaces such as Ethernet, RS422, 1553, Modbus, CAN, GPIB, etc.
- Have knowledge of electronic interfaces and electronic test measurement techniques.
- Be able to understand and describe behaviour of complex systems.
- Have experience working in a technology environment where quality and accuracy of work is crucial.
- Have strong understanding of agile/SCRUM/DevOps environment.
- Have experience of continuous build, integration and delivery pipeline automation using industry leading toolsets.
- Be someone who is proactive in learning new techniques and exploring industry trends and best practices
What’s in it for you?
- Develop and grow your career. You’ll get lots of experience and opportunity interacting and influencing if you join us on this journey; we work closely with colleagues across UK and French sites.
- Be a part of a change initiative where the changes you make will have a perceptible positive impact on the team.
- The opportunity for travel and international secondment, should this be of interest.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
- Open, friendly and supportive team,
- Rewarding culture and good career progression opportunities
- Opportunity to join and help evolve the team towards agile development framework,
- The chance to engage with a wide range of the company’s portfolio
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role