MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
Part time working considered
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 (DOE)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join our highly skilled and dynamic Test Equipment Architecture Team offering the right candidate a stimulating and rewarding role coupled with an exciting career path. We have a number of vacancies in our rapidly growing, highly skilled team that designs Test Equipment for all of MBDA’s products. This role encompasses a broad spectrum of engineering disciplines and product technologies offering the right candidate challenges not only in their core field, but also scope for growth and career development across the business.
What we're looking for
- Experienced Engineers in the concept definition, design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electro mechanical equipment and systems. The role requires working with the test equipment future business lead to understand the test strategy for future products and translating this into a test architecture proposal, then delivering it in collaboration with the design teams.
- An excellent understanding of the systems development lifecycle throughout the complete V-model for sub-system development.
- In this role, you will be required to analyse and summarise design data from multiple sources clearly and succinctly, in order to develop a robust product design and development strategy. Stakeholder management and communication is key.
- We’re looking for someone with a broad range of technical experience, rather than a single domain specialist, covering areas such as (but not limited to) digital, power or analogue design, software and firmware development, safety critical systems and EMC & CE compliance testing.
- Experience of testability analysis and the use of requirements management tools (e.g. DOORS)
Here's what’s in it for you!
- The opportunity to work for a successful, International business, a Company that has achieved Gold status in Investors in People.
- MBDA has a strong commitment to supporting on-going professional and career development. You will have the opportunity to develop and broaden both technical and leadership skills within a growing company.
- Exposure to complex and technologically advanced products, providing a stimulating experience.
- The opportunity to travel to other MBDA sites in the UK and in Europe and to develop your language skills
What would you get?
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- You will be responsible for the concept definition, design, integration and validation of test solutions for electronic / electro mechanical equipment and systems.
- You will be working alongside talented project teams in the UK to define and develop effective total test solutions to meet the challenges of delivery timescales and technical performance, as well as working with colleagues across Europe.
Join a great team!
The UK Test Equipment team is a multi-disciplined dynamic, focussed and agile team of about 100 engineers specialising in all aspects of Test Equipment design, including specialisation in hardware, software and embedded real-time systems. These skills are geographically co-located, providing an atmosphere of supportive cooperation and interdependence that binds the team in facing current and future challenges and opportunities together.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.