MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow!
We are looking for someone to join a fast-paced project in the early stages of design development maturing the functional architecture and requirements.
The Weapon System behaviour has been divided into a set of functional domains. Work within a functional domain aims to gradually decompose the top level behaviour of a domain into individual functions that can be allocated to equipment and provided to the design team as sets of requirements for design.
We are looking for a Lead for the Respond to Threat Functional Design Domain
The Design Domain Lead will be expected to:
- Technically co-ordinate & drive activities across the Design Domain to ensure coherent & mature embodiment of the required system-level behaviour to time quality & cost. This will involve working across functions and departments to ensure a viable design.
- Identify, scope, estimate time and cost of functional design & trade studies to be undertaken
- Propose allocation of functional performance and/or constraints to physical sub-systems, facilitating key trade-offs decisions, particularly where trade-offs traverse different DA or domain responsibilities
- Manage the domain evolution, ensuring consistency between domain sub-system configurations is understood and aligned.
- Ensure the functional design and functional architecture relevant to the domain is developed collaboratively between partners. Facilitate common modelling approach and/or mutually-agreed model interfaces to aid parallel development.
- Generate and maintain design and performance, development, proving and qualification within the domain
- Ensure risks are identified as part of the System Failure Mode & Effects Analysis (SysFMEA), Design FMEA (DFMEA) and Class of Difficulty Assessments are understood and a consistent approach is taken to reduce these as appropriate.
- Ensure development of a domain-based proving & qualification strategy and manage the System acceptance for the domain
- Communicate domain-level considerations to customers, ensuring messaging consistency
- Chair internal and supporting external working groups/working communities as appropriate, IAW programme governance structure
- Have responsibility for a subset of munition equipment CPSs, leading on writing functional and performance requirements and ensuring other sections are completed by appropriate parties in reasonable timescale.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) and MBSE tools (Rhapsody)
- Experience of requirements development and requirements management tools (DOORS)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills to interact both technically and programmatically with customers, technical specialists, equipment teams and senior management.
- Leadership capabilities to be able to direct diverse, multi-disciplinary teams and support development of members within the team.
What’s in it for you?
- Knowledge of the next generation deep strike capability being developed by MBDA.
- Opportunity to develop a new network, internal and external to MBDA as well as internationally.
- Practical experience of Agile principles and supporting frameworks on a Project that is driving the new ways of working in the business.
- To work in a motivated and collaborative environment
- Opportunity to further develop leadership and management skills.
BenefitsFlexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!