MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
This is an exciting, high-profile opportunity to help shape the Product and Platform Roadmaps in the Airborne Systems Domain. Working for the Head of Platform Future Capability within the Airborne Systems Integration team the ASI Chief Systems Engineer Future Capability will provide a focused ASI Systems input into the Portfolio (current and future), Weapon Product Line development and the Systems Design Airborne Systems functional activities.
What we’re looking forYou will be well versed in weapons systems thinking and able to thrive in an environment where uncertainty and change is the norm, and where the following will be required:
- Engagement across a wide internal multifunctional stakeholder group
- Undertaking complex trade-offs to identify the ‘best’ solutions
- Highly developed communication, negotiating and influencing skills
- Maintaining a flexible response to rapidly changing customer and technical environments
- Ability to work with and through others at all levels
The key roles and responsibilities include:
- Leading Systems input into ASI coherence on Product and Platform Roadmaps
- Providing support to SBD for Export Integration Campaigns
- Providing Portfolio requirements to drive future integration coherence (i.e. Lead VAF coherence & provide systems support to Future Portfolio)
- Providing the ASI input into SDAS IRAD & Functional Improvement activities (supporting GPI, GSA etc.)
- Providing support to ASI PAM and CPIs on management of transversal product assurance issues
- Responsibility for delivering content of Integration Programme reviews / investigations (including TEX Reviews)
You will have the skills and behaviours to work effectively in a complex internal and external partner environment
What’s in it for you?
This is an exciting opportunity to provide systems engineering support to the growing ASI Programmes organisation. You will be able to influence the future of MBDA products in the Air Domain
You will join a thriving community of senior Systems Engineers (CPIs and CSEs within SDAS) and beyond this role, you can expect development towards either senior project or function roles either within Engineering or within Programmes.
Our benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
You will be working with a diverse, experienced and talented group of people within the ASI
Further afield, within the Missile Design Division and across to the Future Systems and Tactical Strike Missiles sectors, you will get exposure to MBDA UK’s domestic and export growth activities and the plans made beyond the current missile development programmes to sustain the company’s future
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!