MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver for a more secure tomorrow
MBDA are looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated engineer to work in the Brimstone System Performance group. The role involves working on a range of challenging technical activities to ensure successful delivery of key contractual milestones for both UK and International customers.
What are we looking for?
- Previous experience or an understanding of system modelling.
- Strong data analysis and technical report writing skills.
- Ability to work as part of a team, and engage and influence others (internal/external).
- Experience of Matlab/Simulink is desirable.
What’s in it for you?
- Learn about current and future missile system performance and technologies.
- Develop a good knowledge of mathematical modelling and missile system simulation.
- Develop your data analysis techniques to generate concise and informative technical reports.
- Exposure to a wide range of internal and external partners.
- Enhancing your influencing, negotiating and task management skills.
- Opportunity to regularly engage with the Senior Brimstone Management.
- Potential to develop your people management skills through team member management.
Benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
The RolePlan and execute a diverse range of System Performance tasks for Brimstone which include:
- Conducting System Performance modelling and support tasks, e.g. performance modelling, missile firing trials support, algorithm assessments, in-theatre support to operations, scoping and analysis of hardware-in-the-loop testing, to deliver key contractual milestones or wider Brimstone programme activities.
- Work within the Group and other SMEs to understand system behaviours.
- Generate internal and external technical reports that suitably summarise assessment activities.
- Task reporting to senior management, e.g., Group Lead and Chief Systems Engineer, and external customers.
Join a great team!
- The Brimstone team delivers a world class product which has been successfully used in hundreds of operational engagements and is current used in military operations.
- The Brimstone systems team has 30+ engineers covering all life cycle phases and product variants
- The product and project team have both a long history and exciting future with multiple contracts to deliver and many future business and export opportunities in the pipeline
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique, and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role!