An opportunity has arisen for a procurement Professional to join the Group Procurement Categories Management team. Working in an international context, the successful candidate will bring their experience and knowledge to ensure effective category management in the RF electronic domain.
The team works across the MBDA Group in a changing environment, managing and implementing categories strategies in the RF, Electronic and Mechanical domains.
What we're looking forIdeally a degree calibre procurement Professional with experience of working in an international environment in High Technologies companies.
Proven ability to:
- Influence multi-functionally, multi-nationally and at all levels within the organisation
- Implement changes when working with internal partners
- Develop and implement category strategies through a multi-function team
- Good understanding of RF electronic technologies and of the Suppliers market
Here's what’s in it for youThe role provides an excellent opportunity to:
- Join a growing high technology company, working in a challenging Aeronautic environment;
- Influence the evolution of the company’s industrial and business environment; and
- Develop new models for the implementing (or discarding) of new solutions
- Well resourced training and development programmes
The position will involve working and travelling internationally with fellow procurement professionals, with internal stakeholders (internal customers, procurement colleagues, technical specialist, legal) and with key suppliers.
To manage an international, multifunctional team in the sourcing and management of suppliers for a category within the RF electronic domain, undertaking strategy development, sourcing, competitions, contract management, Supplier relation management with the purpose of supporting innovation and to ensure supply chain performance (on Time, on Cost, on Quality)
- Managing suppliers risks and opportunities to support the MBDA technology roadmap and production plan,
- Creating and implementing supplier relationships to deliver innovative and best in class suppliers to the business
Join a great team!
The Group Procurement Categories Management Team is an excellent mixture of experienced and developing professionals located in UK, France and Italy
- The team is knowledgeable and enthusiastic, placing great value on sharing knowledge and exchanging ideas;
- The team covers a broad range of products, with a wide range of suppliers from small and medium enterprises to global international companies.
- The team works with a wide range of stakeholders, based both in the UK and in the rest of the group.
- The team successfully delivers the service levels and the cost optimisation required by the business within a supportive environment where team spirit is highly value
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.