Salary: £55,000 to £62,000 DOE plus bonus and benefits
MBDA are looking for someone to develop and manage category sourcing strategies within the ISP-S UK function. Working within the Mechanical Domain, undertaking strategic development, competitions, contract management, supplier relations management with the aim of supporting innovation and to ensure supply chain performance (On Time, On Cost, On Quality)
- Working as a business partner with your internal stakeholder to improve business outcomes
- Managing suppliers market risk and opportunities to support the MBDA technology roadmap and production plan.
- The development and implementation of contracts and Frame Agreements
- Ultimately responsible for the supplier relationships, working with the MBDA virtual category teams to deliver innovative and best in class suppliers to the Business
- Accountable for the supplier performance, principally around cost, quality and delivery
- Intelligently developing and deploying a range of sourcing strategies in cooperation with internal stakeholders
What we’re looking for
- Ideally CIPS qualified but as a minimum should be able to demonstrate a very good level of professional procurement rigour and academic capability.
- Able to demonstrate a significant level of depth and breadth in Procurement strategic and operational experience
- A very goal oriented individual with strong cultural awareness, excellent team building capabilities; capable of taking key strategic decisions.
- Excellent analytical/Excel capabilities and ideally experience of SAP.
What’s in it for you?
- The opportunity to gain experience and knowledge across a number of strategically important categories
- You join at a very exciting time, having reorganised through 2020 it is a perfect time to push the role and immerse yourself in the opportunities and experiences that this brings.
- You will have very broad and often senior stakeholder engagement and opportunity to influence
- Regular on the job training and development, a number of the team have had their professional development funded
- Regular travel to suppliers and other MBDA locations once we return from current restrictions
Our benefitsFlexible working and dynamic working, great opportunities for career progression, paid overtime (subject to level), great bonus scheme, comprehensive pension scheme, annual salary review, fantastic working environment and site facilities, social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
We are a diverse mix of experience and developing professionals, made up of in house developed talent and experience from outside of MBDA.
We are knowledgeable and enthusiastic, placing great value on sharing knowledge and exchange of ideas. We cover a broad remit with a wide range of contracts from short turnaround low value to strategically important product contracts.
We are very results focussed, delivering cost and service optimisation in a supportive environment where team spirit is highly valued.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.