Salary: £34,345 plus bonus and benefits
An opportunity has arisen for a Mechanical Operator (Metrology) to join an improving team within the Calibration & Maintenance Department. This will involve working in an autonomous capacity, calibrating mechanical equipment and the Inspection and measurement of components and associated production items. The work is extremely varied, challenging and rewarding.
What we're looking for
- Experience in the calibration of mechanical tooling and gauging.
- An understanding of mechanical engineering drawings: tolerances, symbols, datum’s, PTZD’s etc.
- To have knowledge in all types of measurement and their associated equipment. Dimensional & form including roughness, flatness, roundness etc.
- To have knowledge in the use of all types of mechanical measuring equipment: including the following:
- CMM’s, optical measurement (Theodolites, Auto-Collimators, and Telescopes), thread measuring machines, height gauges, and hand tools (Micrometers, Vernier Calipers, DTI’s etc.).
- Use of angle measurement using precision Index and autocollimators for the calibration of angle gauges, polygons, and any other requirements.
- A good understanding of UNCERTAINTY OF MEASUREMENT.
- Proactive attitude to daily tasking.
- Good IT skills, knowledge of SAP an advantage.
- Able to deal with multiple issues, tasks and priorities concurrently.
- Good attitude to quality and safety.
- Time served apprenticeship or NVQ Level3, C&G/ONC desirable.
Here's what’s in it for you
- Working in a forward thinking team that exploits opportunities to improve.
- Excellent development opportunities.
- On the job training and yearly development reviews.
Our Benefits*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
- Calibration of mechanical measuring equipment and tooling.
- The measurement of roughness, roundness and flatness with associated reporting.
- Use of angle measurement.
- Measurement using the latest Mitutoyo equipment including CMM.
- Inspection of components used in the manufacture of end product.
- Working with the latest advanced measurement equipment and technologies, with sponsored bespoke supplier training packages.
Join a great team!
- Manufacturing UK is an integral part of the Operations Directorate whose principal mission is to ensure that MBDA deliverable commitments are met in terms of time, cost and quality. We pride ourselves in providing the ultimate application of Manufacturing expertise and capability throughout the entire lifecycle and supply chain of our product.
- We're passionate about our people and recognise that to continually exceed our clients' expectations and needs, Manufacturing UK require an intelligent and motivated team.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.