We are looking for a SOC Engineer Specialist to support the Security Operations Manager in assisting Information Management UK meets the challenges and demands of countering the Cyber Threat. To work with other UK SOC members, It will cover alert tuning, back end refresh, playbook scripting and fault finding, SOC Tool upgrades, capability implementation and investigation activity utilising a wide variety of security platforms, SIEM (Security Information Event Management), Network Packet Capture platform, Anti Malicious Code, Threat Detection technologies and platforms across the UK Network Perimeter. Must be SC and be willing to achieve DV.
What we’re looking for
- Strong coding and scripting background – PowerShell, Python & Regex
- History/ability to work with APIs, including HTTP headers and responses, JSON Objects.
- Proven experience with Proxies administration and changes.
- Windows (SMB) and *Nix (NFS) remote storage.
- IIS (Windows Web Server) Configuration, Active Directory/ LDAP (authentication).
- Experience with VMware/ Hyper-V Virtual machines and virtual switches.
- Experience in setting up & implementing SOC Tooling and Automation of tasks.
What’s in it for you?
- This is a great time to join the MBDA UK SOC in a period of evolution and expansion.
- There are new capabilities being implemented and tested to ensure a robust Cyber Defence capability exists to counter the threats. This will require hands on with the technologies to assist the analysts get the best from the toolset.
- The SOC Engineer Specialist will be involved in all SOC projects existing and new from concept through analysis to installation giving you a 360 degree oversight of a capability and immersing yourself within a technical project.
- There will be opportunity to support the Senior analysts in their research and development of cyber technologies to ensure the best fit for our environments.
- *Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
Join a great team!
MBDA UK SOC is a diverse and expanding team. We work dynamically across 2 MBDA sites and remote working. We are a friendly and driven team with varied backgrounds to ensure we have a blended approach to all of our work including investigations and incidents. We value each others views and opinions to ensure the best outcomes.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We’re here to help and want to ensure you have a positive experience throughout our recruitment process. We recognise that everyone is unique and we encourage you to speak to us should you require any advice, support or adjustments.
MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation. We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended approach to on-site and remote working.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn (MBDA), Twitter (@MBDAcareers) and Instagram (lifeatMBDA_UK).
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.