MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
MBDA is developing an innovative new missile to missile communications technology and we need a Lead Engineer to take ownership of this project. This two-year project is aimed at developing and specifying this new technology, and creating models and demonstrators for our customers.
You’ll be leading a small project team working on this critical part of our future portfolio. You’ll have direct ownership of the project and the deliverables, and work closely with our customers.
We need you to have a background in systems engineering. While it’s not essential, some knowledge of data links and communications protocols would be useful. Most importantly, we need you to be able to shape the project, communicate effectively with our customers, and deliver with an innovative, imaginative approach.
What we’re looking for
- Systems engineering experience across the full life cycle
- Experience with data links, communication networks, and protocols (not essential)
- Passionate about technology, motivated to deliver, and a strong communicator
Here’s what’s in it for you
- Work on a really innovative new technology, and have ownership of the project
- Ability to see this project through from start to finish
- Delivering a real capability upgrade for MBDA, our customers, and UK defence
- Your role will be varied and will include systems engineering, modelling, building hardware, building demonstrators
Join a great team!
Our team works across a range of projects for air, sea, and land, and this gives us a broad range of expertise to learn from. We work closely with other functional areas, and pride ourselves on building strong relationships with those functions to enable us to draw upon others’ knowledge.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role