MBDA Missile Systems - Deliver For A More Secure Tomorrow
You’ll lead the verification and validation activities for the SPEAR 3 launcher. This new, F-35 compatible, air-to-surface missile would allow an attack with high precision and low collateral damage at stand-off ranges with a cost-efficient missile, against a very broad range of surface targets.
This is the first time MBDA has developed an airborne launcher system and you’ll be at the forefront of establishing the means of proving the system and the multiple variants of the launcher. This will involve trials in the first instance, and then later for flight operations.
What we’re looking for
- Experience of verification and validation activities (ideally for defence standard hardware and software)
- Good understanding of systems engineering processes
- Knowledge of DOORS for requirements management
- Ideally knowledge of configuration management tools like RTC and systems modelling using SysML/ Rhapsody
Here’s what’s in it for you
- You’ll be able to gain experience over the full product life cycle
- Support through training courses on MBSE, systems engineering, and product technology, as well as support from our teams of subject matter experts
- Great opportunities for progression in the short and long term in either technical or managerial directions
Join a great team!
We’re a forward thinking team using MBSE to develop our technology and equipment, incorporating multiple projects and future reuse into our strategy. We have a clear purpose, a cooperative team ethic and a strong commitment to quality while embracing change and challenging out-dated working practices.
We understand that flexibility benefits our people, our teams and our business; wherever possible we will seek to accommodate a blended 2-3 days per week approach to on-site and remote working.
*Flexible working *opportunities for career progression *paid overtime (subject to level) *great bonus scheme *comprehensive pension scheme *annual salary review *fantastic working environment and site facilities *social, charitable and sporting activities.
MBDA is an award winning company; committed to providing an inclusive working environment where our employees can be themselves and everyone has equal opportunity to reach their full potential. We value difference and know that a diverse community makes for greater innovation and brings a breadth of skills, experience and perspectives.
We welcome applicants who are looking for flexible working arrangements. MBDA is a proud member of Working Families – the UK’s work-life balance organisation.
Follow MBDA on LinkedIn, Twitter and Instagram.
Please Note: MBDA UK requires all employees to achieve the appropriate clearance relevant to the role.